Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
From street and towing to full race, BD Builds Them Best! If you are serious about building power, and simply want the strongest transmission you can put behind your powerhouse Cummins, then the BD Track Master is your end all. Whether you're a serious weekend warrior, or your truck is a trailer queen that tears it up at the track, the Track Master replacement 48RE is built to exceed the standards of even the strongest and fastest at the track.
BD's "Big" fine spline input shaft: This is a completely redesigned input shaft. It is 0.125 thicker than the stock size shaft and includes a hardened billet hub. By increasing the clutch apply piston width BD increased apply pressure, and, by decreasing piston thickness BD was able to install up to 30% more clutch surface.
BD Big Bore, Fine Spline Triple Torque Force Converter (Recommended): You can add one of these awesome torque converters to your new Track Master Transmission for even more holding power. Matching BD's Big bore, fine spline triple Torque Force Converter to the new Big Shaft make them designed for Competition - 550 RWHP (Rear Wheel Horse Power) and above applications. You are required to use a big bore torque converter with the same spline design on this transmission. It does not have to be BD's converter, but it has to have the same shaft size and spline count to work.
By design, OEM transmission Helical gears and engine torque thrusting causes stock plastic and Babbitt thrust washers to melt and break down contaminating lubrication oil and damaging solenoids. BD removes the thrust washers and install roller bearings throughout the transmission which eliminates oil contamination, maintains tolerances, reduces heat and prevents premature solenoid failure.
These transmission packages also include a BD rigid aluminum heavy duty transmission pans which adds extra oil capacity and reduces case flex, plus, includes a BD auxiliary full flow filter kit for extra protection.
Each transmission is dyno-tested to make sure it functions properly in all gears before it is shipped to you in one of our containers.
Other options to consider when replacing your transmission are to mate the BD transmission with one of BD's Torque Converters, as mentioned above, andd Flex Plates for added performance and strength. Call for details we'll be happy to answer your transmission questions.TRANSMISSION DETAILS
- BD rigid aluminum heavy duty transmission pan
- Adds 1qt extra oil capacity
- Reduces case flex
- Reduces internal oil leakage
- Heat-dissipating fins keep temperature down
- Magnetic drain plug
- Fully rollerized gear train
- All new bushings
- New input shafts and hub
- Upgraded governor pressure transducer (47RE/48RE)
- Upgraded governor solenoid
- Twice the burst pressure than stock
- Cooler line case saver in every transmission
- Added heavy-duty clutches with up to 25% more material than stock
- Machined forward (rear) beveled pressure plate
- Machined overdrive brake (front and rear) pressure plate
- Machined direct clutch (front) piston
- High temp/energy Raybestos band
- Billet band strut and anchor
- Billet dual ring accumulator piston
- Stock thrust washers replaced with roller Torrington bearings
- Saves governor solenoids
- Reduces friction
- Drilled intermediate shaft for increased lube
- Modified manual valve for lube in all positions
- 47RE transmissions upgraded with more rugged 48RE components
- BD auxiliary full flow filter kit for extra protection
- New design valve body
- Up to 80% higher clutch apply pressures over the stock unit
- Pressure increase starts at much lower engine rpm's and at lighter throttle pedal position movement
- Light throttle shift firmness is also maintained
- No shuttle shifting
|48RE CLUTCH COUNT|
SHIPPING POLICY - PLEASE READ Due to the size and weight of transmissions, they cannot be shipped through traditional couriers, such as UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc. and MUST be shipped via truck freight. We do not offer free shipping on transmissions, however, we do offer a very competitive flat rate charge that is added to your shopping cart at checkout. Further, to aid in returning your core transmission, we give you the option to be billed up front for the core return and we will coordinate the pickup and return of your transmission. Once your core transmission is ready for pick up, you just need to give us a call or send us an e-mail with your original order number and the core tag on the transmission, and we'll take care of the rest. Otherwise, we give you the option to coordinate the return shipping on your own and independently pay your courier of choice. As always, if you have any questions, give us a call or send us an e-mail.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Torque converter is not included with this transmission package.
- MPN1065194F | 1065234F
- "Big" fine spline input shaft
- All hardened shafts
- Billet steel direct drum
- One piece servo/cover
- Extra wide solid band with red lining
- Racer red forward/direct frictions
- Koline forward/direct steals
- Auxiliary filter kit
- Heavy duty pan.
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
What is "Freight Shipping Cost"?