Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Are you looking to fit larger tires under your Duramax for more ground clearance, a taller ride height, or heck, just because it looks killer?! Cognito is well known as producing top of the line lift kits that will not only lift the truck, but properly correct all geometry while adding substantial strength to your truck. Whether you're looking to take your truck off-road and need a suspension that can take a beating, or just looking for the best suspension on the market for your daily driver, you really can't beat Cognito.
TRAVEL - This kit drops the front differential a full 4", which retains the stock (original) tie rod and CV axle angles to ensure suspension travel is maintained.
CLEARANCE - This kit is a "non-torsion bar drop" design which keeps the torsion bars in their original location rather than hanging down under the chassis for added ground clearance and superior aesthetics (who wants a bunch of steel hanging under the truck?!).
CASTER - Front track width is increased by 5/8" per side in order to retain proper caster settings and functional electronic stabilizing control (if Stabilitrak equipped).
SKID PLATE - Cognito has incorporated a front skid plate to protect the front differential, which also ties the included Cognito front and rear cross members together for added rigidity.
PITMAN AND IDLER ARM SUPPORT KIT - This kit also includes a patented Cognito Pitman and Idler Arm Support Kita must-have upgrade that corrects a design flaw in Chevy and GMC truck steering systems.
SWAY BAR - Sway bar end links and all required mounting hardware are included.
FINISH - All steel bracketry is finished in semi-gloss black powder coating.
SHOCKS - This kit includes front and rear Fox 2.0 Performance Series shocks. These shocks are known to drastically increase ride quality. Featuring an Internal Floating Piston (IFP), this feature separates shock oil from a high-pressure nitrogen gas chamber that provides a predictable ride quality capable of handling the roughest road conditions. Further, the aluminum bodies ensure the oil stays cool and the body resists rusting. 5/8" chrome plated steel shafts are standard so you can rest assured you'll never bend or break a shaft, no matter how hard you try.
No matter which option you choose, you really can't go wrong with Fox Shocks. Both options are from the Performance Series family and will deliver an exceptional ride quality. The remove reservoir option is great for those utilizing the full potential of their shocks and want to ensure the oil stays cool and full travel is capable (or simply because remote reservoirs look really cool peeking out from the wheel well).
Rear Lift Options
One of the best parts to a Cognito system is that you're not constrained to their "out of the box" kit. Cognito offers several options when it comes to lifting the rear of your Duramax
- Level with Block and U-Bolt Kit for 2500HD Models: This option includes a pair of rear blocks and u-bolts that will achieve a level stance when unloaded.
- Level with Block and U-Bolt Kit for 3500 Models: This option includes a pair of rear blocks and u-bolts that will achieve a level stance when unloaded.
- Level with Deaver Mini Pack and U-Bolts: This option includes a pair of Deaver Mini Spring Packs and U-Bolts. The mini spring packs replace the stock bottom overload spring which has a very harsh spring rate. This mini pack is a progressive overload that will deliver a substantially better ride quality compared to stock. Get better ride quality and the added height with one product.
- High Rear Rake with Block and U-Bolt Kit for 2500HD Models: This option includes a pair of rear blocks and u-bolts that will achieve roughly a 1" rear high rake when unloaded.
- High Rear Rake with Block and U-Bolt Kit for 3500 Models: This option includes a pair of rear blocks and u-bolts that will achieve roughly a 1" rear high rake when unloaded.
- ManufacturerCognito Motorsports Suspension
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Questions
Does this kit require drilling and cutting and can it be done by yourself with pretty good knowledge of mechanics?
It does require drilling and cutting.I would probably plan on employing another set of hands when you are dealing with the differential. But you should be able to accomplish this kit yourself if you have a good knowledge of mechanics and plenty of time. DppSands