Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
For those Ram owners who work their truck all week, but like to get dirty on the weekends, meet the Carli Backcountry suspension system to make everything you do with your truck that much better. Featuring Custom Fox 2.0 Reservoir Shocks with Carli Signature Tuning, you will notice an absolute huge improvement in ride over stock, or really any other suspension system you've ever owned!SWAY BAR OPTIONS:
- Sway Bar Drop Blocks: Anodized billet aluminum blocks to reposition the factory sway bar
- Torsion Sway Bar: Complete replacement sway bar that allows axle to move freely | Best option for use with Commuter 2.0 System
- Add-A-Pack: Replaces rear, lower overload spring for increased ride quality
- Full Spring Pack: Capable of 15" of wheel travel | Will reduce payload capacity by 15%
The Carli Backcountry system can best be described as being built for truck owners that "use their truck as a truck." So, what does this mean? Basically, the Backcountry is ideal for those that daily drive, tow, plus like to hit some trails on the weekends, but aren't looking to see daylight under the tires out in the dunes. The benefit of the Backcountry over the Commuter series is the remote reservoir that not only LOOKS cool, but allows the shock to maintain its temperature, meaning you won't experience shock fade when on rough surfaces for any extended period of time, as a traditional IFP shock will tend to do.
Utilizing Fox 2.0" Remote Reservoir Shocks, Carli developed a shock tune that delivers all around comfort and ride quality designed for on-road, in town, highway, towing/hauling as well as slow to mid speed off road use. The Fox 2.0's boast extruded aluminum construction with a clear anodizing for corrosion resistance, are fully rebuildable and are built with hour-glass bushings in the rod-ends. Fox builds these shocks with their legendary red shock oil that flows well down to -55* F. This system is our most popular, all around suspension system. It was tuned and rides best with our Full Progressive Leaf Springs and 18" wheels with 37" tires. Both of the aforementioned are recommended.
The Details: Your truck will sit 3" higher in the front (cab configuration dependent) with 50% more suspension travel than the factory platform thanks to the taller, lighter rate coil springs. The rear is lifted 1"-2" via your choice of a Progressive Add-A-Pack or Full Progressive Leaf Pack. The Progressive Add-A-Pack maintains load capacity and replaces the factory overload with a 5-Leaf, progressive pack that changes the final rate of the spring pack keeping the rear planted while increasing traction and predictability. The optional Full Progressive Leaf Pack replaces the entire factory leaf spring assembly increasing travel and drastically increasing comfort (when compared to when compared to the factory springs or add-a-pack) throughout the entire usable travel stroke at the cost of a 15% payload reduction from a standard 2500.
When pairing added down-travel with the taller ride height, the position of the factory, front sway bar will need to be altered as well. For this, you have two options; Billet Sway Bar Drop Brackets or the replacement Torsion Sway Bar. The Billet Drop Blocks shift the sway bar down and forward to ensure the factory end links cycle properly throughout the entire extended travel range. Carli's optional Torsion sway bar removes the entire factory sway bar assembly replacing it with a torsion bar supported by fabricated drop brackets and delrin bushings. Fabricated sway bar arms and dual 5/8" FK heim end links round off the package. This is the single best bang for the buck, ride-quality upgrade offered by Carli Suspension.
When lifting the front end of a straight axle truck, the front axle is pulled off-center unless the proper linkages are addressed. Three inches of front lift equates to an axle shifted toward the driver's side 3/4" and, in the radius arm equipped Rams, lightened caster and slight rearward axle shift. This system includes an Adjustable Track Bar to push the axle back toward the passenger side and provide a stronger link with less deflection for the lifted application. Also included are Radius Arm Drop Brackets to recenter your caster adjustment and shift the axle forward to its new center of travel. Everything is included to support flawless operation of all components.
Wheel and Tire: This system will fit up to a 37" tire when utilizing wheels that are no more than 9" wide with 5.75-6" of backspacing. A 12.5" wide should fit with no rubbing on the factory radius arm and only minor trimming required, while a 13.5" will require more trimming and slightly more offset to fit properly. 35" tires will fit with VERY minimal, if any trimming. We Recommend running an 18" diameter wheel for optimal ride quality (more rubber = better small bump compliance) on a 35"-37" E-rated tire running 45psi front, 40psi rear when unloaded.IMPORTANT NOTES:
- WHEELS Carli Recommends an 18" Wheel, no more than 9" wide with 5.25-5.75"of Backspacing
- TIRES: 35", E-Rated Tire Fitment is Recommended. Recommended unloaded Tire Pressure 45F/40R
- RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION: Carli Leveling Systems are Designed and Tested on Vehicles with 18" Wheels with 35", E-Rated Tires. Stock wheels and tires or running a larger wheel diameter will result in a stiffer ride.
- FITTING 37" TIRES: 37" Tires will fit with the above wheel specifications. Radius arms are not required but will offer more clearance for those wanting to run smaller offsets.
Testing: What would a Carli kit be if it weren't getting absolutely filthy out in the dirt or getting the shocks up to temperature? In true form, Carli made absolutely sure the truck could also perform offroad by making numerous trips to the deserts of Barstow, El Cajon and Phoenix to really confirm how the new packages worked. The conclusion? These trucks can boogie just like the previous years!
- ManufacturerCarli Suspension
- Front Linear Rate Coil Springs
- Carli Tuned Fox 2.0" Remote Reservoir Front and Rear Shocks
- Front Adjustable Track Bar
- Front Bump Drops
- Radius Arm Drops
- Your Choice of Front Sway Bar Drops or Torsion Sway Bar
- Your Choice of Progressive Add-A-Pack or Full Progressive Spring Pack
- Improved Handling
- Improved Control
- Very Comfortable On-Road Ride
- Tighter street feel Driving Characteristics, Increased Suspension Response
- Shock Diameter 2.0"
- Front Lift Height 2.75"
- Rear Lift Height 1"
- Tire Size 37"
- Front Travel 10"
- Rear Travel 12"
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE