Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
The connector tubes play a very important role in your engine, as they are responsible for supplying fuel from the injector lines to the injectors. And as injectors can wear out, so can the connector tubes, as they are also exposed to the high pressure fuel being forced through them. Any time you replace your injectors, it is highly recommended to also replace all six tubes.Connector tube serve two very important functions:
- The spherical end of the connector along with the injector body inlet passage form a high-pressure connection. Leaks at this connection result in high injector return volume, hard starting and other performance problems.
- The injection line end of the connector has an edge filter that will prevent "large" contaminates from reaching and damaging the injector.
- A common rail injector has internal clearance tolerances in the 2-3 micron range. A human hair is about 60 micron thick. Without magnification the smallest size we can see is 30 micron. Common Rail engine fuel filters normally have a 5 micron rating. The connector edge filter will capture particles 30 micron and larger. Overtime some of these will break down into smaller particles and go through the injector causing a reduction its operational life.
- Edge filters will wear in operation letting contaminates larger than 30 micron to pass on to the injector causing damage and premature failures. Edge filters cannot be visually inspected for wear because once removed the connector tube must not be reused. The only way to insure protection from contaminates larger than 30 micron is to install a new connector
- ManufacturerDipaco DTech Diesel Parts
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE