Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Let's admit it, the majority of us don't take our trucks off-road, and the rare occurrences we do, we are usually going pretty slow. If you've come to that reality, why would you want to install a performance suspension system? Well, that answer is quite simple....the ride. Heavy duty trucks ride rough, doesn't matter what anyone says. Sure, they've gotten better over the years, but they're still neck jarring when you slam into deep potholes, especially when the truck is unloaded. Carli Suspension has engineered a suspension system for the daily drivers, introducing the COMMUTER 2.0 featuring custom Fox 2.0" IFP shocks.SWAY BAR OPTIONS:
- Extended Sway Bar End Links: Replacement end links that are built substantially stronger than factory end links and are adjustable. To determine whether you will need the 10mm or 12mm end links, the 10mm option will have an end link nut size of 15mm and the 12mm will be 18mm. Merely put a socket or end wrench over your factory sway bar to confirm.
- Torsion Sway Bar: Complete replacement sway bar that allows axle to move freely | Best option for use with Commuter 2.0 System
- Add-A-Pack: Replaces rear, lower overload spring for increased ride quality
- Standard Full Spring Pack: Capable of 15" of wheel travel | Will reduce payload capacity by 15%
- Heavy Duty Full Spring Pack Capable of 15" of wheel travel | Designed for trucks with 1500 lbs. in bed at all times
The Commuter 2.0 system is designed for people seeking the best on-road ride quality on a budget. Utilizing front and rear Fox 2.0" internal reservoir shocks, Carli developed a signature shock tune that delivers all around comfort and ride quality designed for on-road, in town, highway, and towing/hauling. The Fox 2.0s are fully rebuildable, built with hour-glass bushings and boast extruded aluminum construction with a clear anodizing for corrosion resistance. Fox builds these shocks with their legendary red shock oil that flows well down to -55* F.
The Details: Your truck will sit 2.5"-3" higher in the front with 50% more suspension travel than the factory platform thanks to the taller, lighter rate coil springs. The rear is lifted 1"-2" via your choice of a Progressive Add-A-Pack or Full Progressive Leaf Pack. The Progressive Add-A-Pack replaces the factory overload with a 5-Leaf, progressive pack that changes the final rate of the spring pack keeping the rear planted while increasing traction and predictability. The optional Full Progressive Leaf Pack replaces the entire factory leaf spring assembly increasing travel and drastically increasing comfort throughout the entire usable travel stroke at the cost of a 15% payload reduction from a standard 2500. This payload reduction can be supplemented back to factory 3500 SRW capacity with the addition of the Long Travel Airbags for the best of both worlds; ride quality and payload capacity/load control.
When pairing added down-travel with the taller ride height, the position of the factory, front sway bar will need to be altered as well. For this, Carli offers two options; extended, Sway Bar End Links or the replacement Torsion Sway Bar. The End links are equipped with 1/2" FK Rod-Ends and in-house machined 17-4 stainless bodies that are extended over stock to reset the sway bar engagement points. Factory pillow-bushings are re-used to assemble the sway bar to the lengthened link. Carli's optional Torsion sway bar removes the entire factory sway bar assembly replacing it with a torsion bar supported by fabricated drop brackets and delrin bushings. Fabricated sway bar arms and dual 5/8" FK heim end links round off the package. This is the single best bang for the buck, ride-quality upgrade offered by Carli Suspension (in close competition with the full progressive leaf spring upgrade).
When lifting the front end of a straight axle truck, the front axle is pulled off-center unless the proper linkages are addressed. Three inches of front lift equates to an axle shifted toward the driver's side 3/4" and back toward the cab 1/2". This system includes an Adjustable Track Bar to push the axle back toward the passenger side and provide a stronger link with less deflection for the lifted application. We also recommend the purchase of a set of extended control arms to shift the axle forward to its new center of travel.
Wheel and Tire: This system will fit up to a 35" tire with stock control arms on wheels with 5.75-6" of backspacing. If running factory wheels, we recommend an All Terrain 35" tire to avoid rubbing. For 37" tire fitment, Carli's High-Clearance Control Arms and Adjustable Track Bar can be paired to a wheel with 5.75" of Backspacing. The more rubber, the better the small bump compliance will be at proper inflation pressures. The ride will firm up as you go larger in wheel diameter.
- WHEELS: Carli Recommends a 17"-18" Wheel, no more than 9" wide with 5.75" of Backspacing on Leveling Systems
- TIRES: 35", E-Rated Tire Fitment is Recommended. Recommended unloaded Tire Pressure 45F/40R.
- RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION: Carli Leveling Systems are Designed and Tested on Vehicles with 17"-18" Wheels with 35", E-Rated Tires. Stock wheels and tires or running a larger wheel diameter will result in a stiffer ride.
- 37" TIRE FITMENT: 37" Tires will fit with the above wheel specifications if the system is equipped with Full Replacement Leaf Springs and Control Arms.
- ManufacturerCarli Suspension
- 3" Lift Linear-Rate Coil Springs
- Carli Tuned Fox 2.0" IFP Front and Rear Shocks
- Shock Tower Spacer
- Adjustable Track Bar
- Your Choice of Rear Add-A-Packs or Full Replacement Leaf Springs
- Your Choice of Extended Sway Bar End Links or Torsion Sway Bar
- Improved Handling
- Improved Control
- Very Comfortable On Road Ride
- Level Stance
- Geometrically Correct
- Shock Diameter 2.0"
- Front Lift Height 3"
- Rear Lift Height 1"
- Tire Size Up to 37"
- Front Travel 10"
- Rear Travel 12"
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Questions
I was wondering when running with a commuter 2.0 system does this change the ride height over stock? Also, will this kit level the truck out too? Thank you for your time and looking forward to hearing back. Lars?
These will level the truck and increase the front ride height around 2.5-2.75"". The truck will have a level stance.
Will this system have an adjustment for camber when the front end is raised on a ram straight axle??
Camber is not adjustable on a straight axle. The only time it would ever be out is if the axle is bent or a bearing failure. DppSands