Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Whether you're truly looking to maximize airfow efficiency in your Cummins or not, its helpful to at least understand a severe inefficiency of the factory intake manifold and plenum. After air is cooled and condensed by your intercooler, it heads up the drivers side intercooler pipe and into your intake manifold, through your factory grid heater that is bolted to the top of an intake plenum plate, and then rushes into the intake runner on the drivers side of your head, where it finally enters your engine. Where the inefficiency lies in all of this is that the placement of the intake manifold is not centered on cylinders three and four, rather, its closer to two and three, but more so, the shear size of the manifold is only about 1/4 the size of the entire intake runner. While there are options on the market that alleviate this issue, it requires removal of your head and completely cutting off the entire intake runner from the head.
Okay, so what's the fix? BD's Competition Intake Manifold delivers unparalleled airflow without the need to modify the factory head! This system removes the factory intake plenum, grid heater, intake manifold, and drivers side intercooler pipe in favor of a "wide mouth" design that literally dumps all of that charged air squarely across the entire intake runner to be delivered to your cylinders in a more balanced way. This kit comes complete with everything you'll need for installation with exception to the necessary 6.7L Cummins Fuel Rail. Why switch to a different rail? As stated, this manifold is intended for those looking for maximum performance and even competition use, and due to the larger size of the 6.7L rail, its best suited for these applications and commonly swapped out in place of the smaller 5.9L rail, hence, better able to deliver more fueling to now match up to your larger air volume.
No Shipping To CA
- MPN1041580 | 1041581
WARNING: CANCER AND REPRODUCTIVE HARM www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Performance upgrade kit for Common Rail 5.9L Cummins engines
- Large plenum design feeds entire grid plate area, creating better flow distribution to all cylinders
- Designed to support high-performance turbos
- Less pressure drop through intake system, maximizes flow
- Smooth plenum expansion creates signature performance inline-6 appearance
- Auxiliary ports for sensors
- Designed to work with Dual CP3 kits
- Includes charge pipe, CCV Relocation Hose, required extension harnesses, and new fuel pipes (fuel rail not included)
- This kit requires the use of a 6.7L Cummins Fuel Rail, in turn requiring the use of the 6.7L rail pressure sensor and relief valve that are typically included with the rail (optional rail on this page does include both of these components). In most instances, a 5.9L Cummins running a 6.7L Rail Pressure Sensor will require custom tuning modifications.