Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $199
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
The AEV 3" DualSport SC is a suspension system engineered and built to alleviate any potential drawbacks that can often come when modifying the suspension on your Heavy Duty Ram. Years of research went into this kit from top level engineers to deliver you a truck that is as capable traversing back country trails to that secluded cabin on the weekends as it is speeding down the highway getting you to work during the week.
The DualSport SC literally takes all suspension and steering geometry into account to ensure you never have to be concerned with bump steer,caster, or suspension bind, as is so prevalent with many of the competitors' cheaper kits. Your truck will handle better than the day you drove it off of the showroom floor, and have the ability to take you anywhere you want to take it. Make your truck work for you, get out, go play in confidence with a truck equipped with only the best.....American Expedition Vehicles.
Engineered for the Real World - There is certainly no shortage of niche truck suspensions in the aftermarket these days, each one designed for a certain type of customer. There are suspensions that can make your truck look like the ultimate desert racer. There are show truck suspensions that provide massive amounts of lift and eye-catching components. There are even truck suspensions that are designed purely for rock crawling. However, what about a well-engineered, properly tuned suspension system that is designed for the people who rely on their truck every day in the real world? What about all the people who want to install larger tires on their truck without sacrificing payload, ride quality or handling?
This was the inspiration behind the AEV 3" DualSport Suspension System for the 2014+ Ram 2500. AEV wanted to design the ultimate "real world" suspension system "one that allows greater performance off-road, while also improving driver comfort and vehicle handling characteristics on the road and maintaining the factory load carrying capacity.
The Formula - AEV's Ram DualSport Suspension Systems focus on optimizing geometry and custom shock tuning to deliver the best on and off-road performance. This starts in the front end, where Rams come standard with dozens of different spring rates on HD trucks, depending on power train, wheelbase, and more, so offering a generic "gas" or "diesel" spring would have been a huge compromise in ride quality and/or load carrying capacity. AEV retains the factory front coil springs mated to 3" cast aluminum coil spring relocation spacers to achieve the additional lift height. This takes advantage of the full range of factory spring rates and frequencies while still providing the necessary front end lift.
Steering geometry is corrected by way of AEV's High Steer Kit, which includes a custom AEV drag link, AEV track bar and raised track bar tower. This system provides significant improvements to steering precision and handling by correcting the roll center height of the front suspension. Bringing the steering geometry back into factory alignment reduces body roll, bump steer, and roll steer, all major contributors to the loose or sloppy steering and driver fatigue commonly associated with many lift kits. The factory radius arms are repositioned for optimal geometry, moving the axle forward 1". This provides a more neutral impact response, while also allowing more clearance for larger tires. A billet aluminum front driveshaft spacer is included to accommodate the new front axle positioning.
Out Back - For many of the same reasons that AEV chose to retain the factory front coil springs, 2" rear coil spring spacers are included to provide the necessary lift height without sacrificing ride quality or load carrying capacity. AEV also includes a set of bump stop spacers, rear track bar relocation bracket, sway bar end links and a new power hop bracket (if applicable).
Shock Tuning - AEV/Bilstein 5100 series shock absorbers are included with all DualSport Suspension Systems. These shocks feature a custom tune developed jointly by Bilstein and AEV engineers exclusively for AEV's DualSport Suspensions Systems. By utilizing digressive valving, the AEV/Bilstein 5100 shocks offer substantial low-speed dampening. The dampening decreases as vehicle speed increases, providing a great ride quality over a wide variety of terrain.
No matter where you drive your truck or how you use it, you can always count on your DualSport Suspension-equipped Ram to remain comfortable, balanced and ready to explore.Important Notes:
- Installation of this suspension system on a 2014+ Ram Power Wagon truck will require the purchase of new front and rear coil springs, Mopar PN: 68172091AA (front) and 68091216AA (rear)
- For trucks with the upgraded AISIN Transmission - the front (forward) driveshaft interferes with the chassis harness at full droop in stock configuration. The harness must be repositioned with zip ties
- For vehicles with a two piece rear driveshaft, you will require the optional Carrier Bearing Kit available from the options.
- ManufacturerAEV | American Expedition Vehicles
- MPNN0436000AG | N0436001AG | N0436010AG | N0436011AG | N0436020AG | N0436030AG | N0436040AG | N0436050AG | N0438000AG | N0438001AG
- 37x12.50R17 on a 17x8.5 Wheel with 6" Backspacing
- 40x13.50R17 when used with AEV's 17x10 Katla Wheel, HighMark Fender Flares, and Premium Front Bumper
- Cast Aluminum Front Coil Spring Pad Relocation Mounts
- No-Drill Forged Drag Link
- Custom AEV Tuned Bilstein 5100 Shocks
- Heavy Duty Front Track Bar
- Front Track Bar Brackets
- Radius Arm Relocation Brackets
- Front Bump Stop Spacers
- Front Axle Relocation Kit
- Aluminum Front Drive Shaft Spacer
- AEV ProCal Module (Speedometer Recalibration)
- Cast Aluminum Rear Coil Spring Spacers
- Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket
- Rear Sway Bar End Links
- Rear Bump Stop Spacers
- Power Hop Bracket (If applicable)
- Rear Carrier Bearing Shim Kit (Two Piece Rear Drive Shafts only)
- Hardware Pack
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE