Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
BD is a leading manufacture in exhaust brake technology. Add up to 150 retarding horsepower to your diesel powered vehicle. This is a universal exhaust brake that works with most diesel equip vehicles with 4 inch exhaust. Mounting is a breeze with its inline design. This is kit comes with everything you need for a hassle free installation.
- 150 retarding horsepower
- BD's exclusive variable orifice technology
- Adjustable pressure regulation
- Pneumatic spring loaded cylinder
- BD's solid, offset butterfly
- Rugged, cast-iron design
- BD's exclusive alumibronze bushing
- Piston ring seals
- Stainless steel butterfly shaft
- Proven to stand up under the harsh, high heat conditions of the exhaust environment
- IP67 sealed air compressor included
- All mounting hardware included
- Exhaust back pressure test gauge kit(BD-1030050) suggested for the set up of the brake
- Brake controls connect to throttle pedal with accelerator pedal position sensor(APPS). Vehicles without APPS will require BD-1300420 micro switch and custom bracket will have to be made.
- May not work with engines that have OEM Variable Vane(VGT) turbos such as Cummins ISX. Will work with aftermarket non VGT turbos.
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Questions
It says it comes with everything you need for a hassle free install, does that mean you do not need a air tank for this kit? I don't see one included.?
No you do not, you can run a small one if you want. But the pump will plumb right into the brake. DppSands
SKU #: BD-1028140 BD 1028140 UNIVERSAL 4" INLINE EXHAUST BRAKE KIT W/COMPRESSOR. Will this work on a 1998.5 dodge 24v with aurora 3000 turbo??
I have an aftermarket exhaust with a four inch down pipe to a 5 inch and i saw somewhere that it will not work with aftermarket exhaust. Is this true????
This kit will come with parts to be installed in a 4" exhaust. If you want to install a brake in 5" exhaust, check out PN: BD-1028150 -Ben
Is studding the heads on a 6.4 powerstroke required/suggested when installing the BD exhaust brake.?
Installing head studs on a 6.4 is recommended just an a necessity. The brake does add some backpressure. But not near as much as the drive pressure those trucks see on a normal basis. -Sands
Will this kit work on the 1993 Dodge with Cummins Deisel? It’s a 3/4 ton truck with all the 1 ton upgrades?
As long as you have 4inch exhaust it will work just fine. If you do not have a APPS sensor(Manual Transmission) you will need to purchase the micro switch kit also. -Sands