Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Especially when you are maneuvering trailers, and especially with a manual transmission, engaging four wheel drive LOW is extremely helpful. However, the LOW operation creates severe binding and hopping when turning that makes it more difficult. Wouldn't it be nice if you could have two wheel drive LOW? Well, now you can with the BD 2 Low Unloc!
Vehicle maneuverability is reduced when 4WD modes are engaged as the front and rear axles are directly connected through the transfer case. This makes it very difficult to use the vehicle in low range except in straight lines or slippery conditions.
The BD 2Low Unloc Differential Kit allows the operator to disable the front wheel drive mechanism while full torque is available to the rear wheels. This allows for sharp full-lock turns without the front axles hopping or binding.
When the 2Low Unloc is turned on, the front wheels will NOT be driven delivering normal two wheel drive maneuverability while in low range which is very helpful for backing up trailers, and other special maneuvers.
- Installation is simple, the kit plugs in below the glove box
- No wire cutting or splicing and no wires through the firewall
- Kit comes with an illuminated rocker switch for control and to indicate when the front axle is being overridden
- Designed to allow the operator to manually disable the front wheel drive mechanism by holding the hubs in the free (2WD) mode with the transfer case in 4WD low range
- By allowing the front wheels to be disengaged, maximum torque is available to the rear wheels
- This will also allow for sharp "All The Way Over" turns without the front axle u-joint hopping or binding
- With this kit installed, the front wheels will NOT be driven through the transfer case
- Allows to have full power and torque while in a high gear reduction applied to the rear axle(s) only
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Questions
will it work on a 2011 Ram 3500 4x4 (with dash dial 4x4 nob) Manual 6 Speed??
At this time that will not work for the 2012 and down Ram HD's.
will this product work on a 2012 ram 3500 with the 3 position electronic switch on the dash ??
No sir only the 13-16 trucks for the 3500 no coverage for the 2012.
Will this work on a 2013 Ram 2500?
This will not work on the 2013 2500 applications. Only 2014+
I have a 2007.5 Dodge Ram Mega Cab with the 68 RFE automatic transmission and the 4wd switch in located in the dash that is a knob you turn for the selection of 4 high and 4 low. Will this kit work on my truck and if not do you know which kit I need??
The description list these to be 2013+ only.
Do you sell a product similar to this one that would work on a 2013 Ram 2500??
We do not, only 14+ models
will this work on a 2014 Grand Cherokee diesel ??
This item has not been confirmed to fit that application.
Will this product work with a 2017 3500 without electronic transfer case? I have six speed manual with manual transfer case ??
This unit will work with manual transfercases to our knowledge, as it will disconnect the front axle.
I have a 2016 Ram 2500 Power Wagon, with the 6.4 Gas Engine. It also has the floor mounted 4x4 ""Manual Selector Arm"", rather than dash dial. Is this switch compatible with my vehicle, and if so, it would just oddly activate without ever touching the lever, correct??
This switch should be compatible on your applications yes.