Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Are you ready for a real exhaust brake to keep you at a safe speed down those long, windy descents? Sure, the later 6.7L Powerstrokes came factory with an integrated exhaust brake in the variable geometry turbo, but for anyone that's ever had a traditional in-line style of exhaust brake that utilizes a butterfly valve, you know what the stock brake is lacking. And especially for those that have upgraded to a non-VGT turbo, you've lost the stock exhaust brake altogether. Guess what.......BD-Power has the solution!
This exhaust brake is specifically intended for use with aftermarket turbo kits, such as the line of BD Scorpion Turbos, that convert from the stock variable geometry turbo, to a traditional non-VGT. Once you've made this kind of upgrade, you've lost the integrated exhaust brake. But the good news is that an inline exhaust brake will outperform a VGT brake in every way, providing substantially more retarding power.
So why would you want to change to a non-VGT turbo in the first place? Overall, the factory turbo has shown that its reliability, especially the early models, were sub-par. Due to the repeated issues experienced by vehicle owners, the original manufacturer, Garrett, went back to the drawing board and finally made improvements to increase the reliability. Unfortunately, these turbos still have a high failure rate and also severely limit overall airflow and rob the truck of its potential to build power. Fortunately, the aftermarket has stepped in to provide turbo kits that unleash the power and reliability of these trucks.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Must be used in conjunction with an aftermarket, non-VGT (Variable Geometry Turbo).
- Dimensions17.25 14.25 7
- Replaces factory exhaust brake when turbo swapped with performance unit such as the BD Scorpion
- Over 55psi of retarding back pressure
- BD's exclusive Variable Orifice Technology
- Pressure regulation
- Pneumatic spring loaded cylinder
- BD's solid, offset butterfly
- Rugged, cast-iron housings
- BD's exclusive alumibronze bushing
- Piston ring-seals
- Stainless steel butterfly shaft
- Proven to stand-up under the harsh, high heat conditions of the exhaust environment
- IP67 sealed air compressor included
- Kit fits 4in and 5in exhaust
- All mounting hardware are made of corrosion resistant stainless steel
- There's a reason why the BD Brake is the most widely-recognized diesel exhaust brake in the industry: It's the best! Compare it to the competition, and you'll see why.
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
Added To Cart
BD 1027150 Remote Mount In-Line Exhaust Brake 11-16 6.7L Ford Powerstroke