Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Gain full control of gear selection and the benefits of an integrated exhaust brake for your 6.0!
The BD 6.0L TapShifter / Exhaust Brake allows you to take full control of your transmission for any purpose. Most of the modern vehicles today come with this as standard equipment, and there's a reason why....its extremely useful whether you're stuck in traffic and want to eliminate gear hunting, or you're descending down an 8% grade with a 15,000 pound trailer behind you and you need to maintain a lower gear. Further, BD has also integrated an electronic exhaust brake into this cohesive unit that controls the vanes of your turbo to slow you down when you need it most (and even when you don't really need it!)
- Combination Exhaust Brake TapShifter
- Access all 5 gears with a tap of your finger
- Full control over transmission shifting
- Utilizes factory variable geometry turbocharger as an exhaust brake for added retarding force
- Outstanding for towing, racing and street use
- For towing, gear down during hill descents and lock out overdrive for hill climbing and curvy roads
- For street use, limit the range of gears to reduce gear hunting and keeping RPM high for quicker response
- For racing and dyno, allows manual control of transmission gears and on demand control of torque converter lockup
- New Ford OE 6.7L style shift lever with +/- selector switch
- Mini gear selection display
- Premade wiring harnesses
- Compatible with most tuners
- Works great with stock applications
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Questions
I have just installed the BD Tapshifter on my 2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L. I have a SCT tuner on my Excursion and need to install the Factory tune as I need to get smog check. Do I need to disconnect the Tap shifter??? If so what and where do I disconnect the Tap shifter???? Thank You Sam?
This installation instructions can be found on BD Diesels website, to my knowledge it can remain plugged in. But I would verify with the manufacture.
I have an 03 using a banks 6 gun with pda, it is already plugged into the obd2 port, would this product still work. i see it has both ends of the obd port on the interior harness, but wasn't sure on fitment?
This unit must have a direct connection to the OBD port, so you can not run them together.