Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $199
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
The first system featuring King Off Road 2.5 Race Shocks and Carli's first premier suspension kit. The Performance 2.5 has been around since day one and, naturally, has been through the longest refinement period of any Carli system. Sporting a plush street drive that will give you a "car like" feel, while still letting you pound some humps in the dirt. The first seasons chasing and running support in Baja were done using Performance 2.5 system on Carli's own Dodge Ram trucks.LEAF SPRING OPTIONS:
- Standard Full Spring Pack: 15" of wheel travel | Will reduce payload capacity by 15%
- Heavy Duty Full Spring Pack: 15" of wheel travel | Designed for trucks with 1500 lbs. in bed at all times
- Extended Sway Bar End Links: Replacement end links that are built substantially stronger than factory end links and are adjustable
- Torsion Sway Bar: Complete replacement sway bar that allows axle to move freely | Best option for use with Performance 2.5 System
The Performance 2.5 System is just another example of Carli's unwillingness to cut a single corner. Sure, they could have included short control arms, and a minipack out back, but they knew the capabilities of the shocks surpassed some of these items and that ultimately the performance of the suspension would not be fully utilized unless other upgrades were standard equipment to the system. That's why this kit is treated to Carli's signature Long Arm System and Full Progressive Rear Springs along with plenty of other high end components. The Performance 2.5 will do just about anything you can fathom, whether its nailing a whoop section or delivering you the most controlled and comfortable ride on your commute to work.
From deep sand washes in Baja... to your office and out for the weekend, this system performs everywhere.
With the release of the 3" Long Arm, comes the Long-Arm equipped Systems. The decision has been made to discontinue the older, short-arm variation of the Performance 2.5" in favor of a Long-Arm equipped, extended travel version at which you're looking now. This system requires customers to cut off the factory control arm mounts in favor of the Carli Drop Brackets to house the internally gusseted, fully fabricated Long Arm System. These arms are over 50% longer than the factory arms boasting 3/16" construction, internal gusseting, extended travel capability, more linear travel stroke and a better ride quality given their length and position parallel to the ground.
To take advantage of the Long Arm's capability, Carli has included a 6.25" tall, slide over-design shock tower to ease installation and accommodate the longer (12" Travel) shocks. Included 1" front bump stop drops and limit straps ensure customers can dish repetitive beatings to their King 2.5" shocks with confidence of full and safe utilization of the shock's travel. In a short arm truck, it's not uncommon to see 7" of up-travel (metal to metal) and 3" of down-travel. The combination of the long arm system's 6.25" tall tower and 1" bump drop allows for the 12" travel shock and shifts the front axle's operating range down 1"; the result, 3" more down-travel when compared to a short-arm system only sacrificing 1" of up-travel. This is a far more balanced setup spec'd with 6" of up travel and 6" of down-travel ensuring the front end maintains contact over rough terrain.
This system boasts Carli specific, blueprinted, Long-Travel King 2.5" shocks on all four corners. For the Long Arm system, Carli designed a second, off-road oriented 5-Port custom piston opposed to the 3-Ports in a short-arm Pintop 2.5" System. This piston and long arm tuning profile alters flow of the pressurized shock oil displacing a wider surface area of the tuning shims to increase bottom-out on sharp hits while providing a predictable, comfortable street ride. ALL of Carli's King shocks are treated to shafts machined and polished from a solid piece of 17-4 Stainless. Unlike King's standard shafts, there is no coating to wear off, weather is far less likely to hurt them and if there is a small chip, you can round the edges with emery cloth to ensure the seal housing isn't damaged as they're not brittle like the stock, hardened shafts. The shocks are finished with King oil good to -55* F. Note that all King shocks are built with a plated steel body. If subjected to inclement weather for extended periods, we recommend wrapping your shocks in 3M to provide a moisture barrier that's replaceable.
Your truck will sit 3"-3.25" higher in the front (year/cab configuration dependent) with 70% more suspension travel than the factory platform thanks to the taller, linear rate coil springs. These systems require the extended travel capability of the linear spring as the free-height of the multi-rate coils was too short to reach the droop potential.
As this is a high-performance, no compromise system, it is highly recommended to upgrade the sway bar with Carli's Torsion Sway Bar, but extended end links are optional, and Full Progressive Leaf Springs are standard. The Carli Torsion Sway Bar removes the entire factory sway bar assembly replacing it with a torsion bar supported by fabricated drop brackets and delrin bushings. Fabricated sway bar arms and dual 5/8" FK heim end links round off the package.
The Full Progressive Leaf Pack lift the rear 1.5-2" by replacing the entire factory leaf spring assembly increasing travel and drastically increasing comfort throughout the entire usable travel stroke at the cost of a 15% payload reduction from a standard 2500. This payload reduction can be supplemented back to factory 3500 SRW capacity with the addition of the Long Travel Airbags for the best of both worlds; ride quality and payload capacity/load control.
When lifting the front end of a straight axle truck, the front axle is pulled off-center unless the proper linkages are addressed. Three inches of front lift equates to an axle shifted toward the driver's side 3/4" and back toward the cab 1/2". This system includes an Adjustable Track Bar to push the axle back toward the passenger side and provide a stronger link with less deflection for the lifted application.
Wheel and Tire: This system will fit up to a 37"x12.5" tire with on 17"-18" wheels with 5-5.25" of backspacing. If considering Fiberglass Fenders, a 4.5" Backspacing on a 9" Wide wheels will fit up to a 37x13.5" wide tire. This system was tuned with 17" wheels on, 37" Toyo M/T at 40F/35R. The more rubber, the better the small bump compliance will be at proper inflation pressures. The ride will firm up as you go larger in wheel diameter.IMPORTANT NOTES:
- END LINKS: We need to know if you have a 10mm or 12mm end link. The way you can verify this is if you take an end wrench and measure the nut that compresses the rubber end link bushing. It will be 10mm if it takes a15mm socket and it will be 12mm if it takes an 18mm socket. Please verify before ordering
- TORSION SWAY BAR: Selection of the Torsion Sway Bar Replacement will not Require size selection as the entire sway bar assembly is replaced.
- WHEELS: Carli Recommends a 17"-18" Wheel, no more than 9" wide with 5.75" of Backspacing on Leveling Systems
- TIRES: 37", E-Rated Tire Fitment is Recommended. Recommended unloaded Tire Pressure 45F/40R
- RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION: Carli Leveling Systems are Designed and Tested on Vehicles with 17"-18" Wheels with 35", E-Rated Tires. Stock wheels and tires or running a larger wheel diameter will result in a stiffer ride.
- FITTING 37" TIRES: 37" Tires will fit with the above wheel specifications if the system is equipped with Full Replacement Leaf Springs and Control Arms.
- LEAF SPRING OPTIONS: Carli gives you two options for rear spring packs with this system. The standard springs are a full replacement leaf spring pack that is capable of 15" of suspension travel, but will reduce payload by 15%. For those that continually carry 1500 pounds of payload, such as with a camper, Carli offers their Heavy Duty option that still maintains 15" of travel.
- 2013 2500 APPLICATION: This kit will NOT fit a 2013 2500 as the driver's side rear shock mounts do not fit the 2013 models. Further, there is clearance issues between the shock tower and A/C lines due to the reconfiguration of the 2013 models.
- ManufacturerCarli Suspension
- MPNCS-DPER25-10-D | CS-DPER25-12-D
- King 2.5" Piggy Back Reservoir Rear Shocks
- King 2.5" Remote Reservoir Front Shocks
- Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steel Shock Shafts
- Long Arm System
- Full Replacement Progressive Leaf Springs
- Multi-Rate Coil Springs
- Zinc Plated U-Bolts
- Your Choice of Extended Sway Bar End Links or Torsion Sway Bar
- Fabricated Shock Towers
- Limit Straps
- Adjustable Track Bar
- High Misalignment Spacers
- Reservoir Mounts
- Rear Shock Mounts
- Shock Diameter: 2.5"
- Front Lift Height: 3"
- Rear Lift Height: 1"
- Tire Size: Up to 37"
- Front Travel: 12"
- Rear Travel: 12"
- Much Improved Handling
- Much Improved Control
- Very Comfortable On-Road Ride
- Vastly Improved Off-Road Capability
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE