Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $199
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
The Carli Starter system was developed for our customers who are looking to dramatically increase the street drive comfort of the Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 series trucks, who also wants an increase of light off-road driving performance. This system has several key performance features that will substantially increase the capability of the vehicle without breaking the bank.
The Starter System includes the Front Leveling Kit and options a rear Add-A-Pack and matching Rear Shocks. This system is designed for people seeking a leveled vehicle with more performance and ride quality than a generic spacer lift; then, adding the rear kit to further the ride quality improvement. The Carli Signature Series front and rear shocks have been custom tuned, in house, for superior ride quality.
The Details: Your truck will sit 2.5"-3" higher in the front with 50% more suspension travel than the factory platform thanks to the taller, lighter rate coil springs. The rear is lifted 1" via Carli's progressive add-a-pack. The Progressive Add-A-Pack replaces the factory overload with a 5-Leaf, progressive pack that changes the final rate of the spring pack keeping the rear planted while increasing traction and predictability.
The included front and rear Carli Signature Series Shocks are longer to accommodate the extended travel. When designing the shocks, Zinc plating, Clear Coat for corrosion resistance and quality bushings were a must; finished off with boots to protect the shafts, Carli backs them with a limited lifetime warranty to ensure their quality is as unbeatable as their ride quality at this price point.
When pairing added down-travel with the taller ride height, the position of the factory, front sway bar will need to be altered as well. For this, you will receive extended, Sway Bar End Links. The End links are equipped with 1/2" FK Rod-Ends and in-house machined 17-4 stainless bodies that are extended over stock to reset the sway bar engagement point. Factory pillow-bushings are re-used to assemble the sway bar to the lengthened link.
When lifting the front end of a straight axle truck, the front axle is pulled off-center unless the proper linkages are addressed. Three inches of front lift equates to an axle shifted toward the driver's side 3/4" and back toward the cab 1/2". Although this is perfectly operable, we recommend the purchase of an adjustable track bar and relocation bracket to shift the axle back toward the passenger side and provide a stronger link with less deflection for the lifted application, and a set of extended control arms to shift the axle forward to its new center of travel.
- The 1994-02 Ram 2500/3500 trucks are notorious for a driver’s side lean up to 1.5″ (lower on the driver’s side than the passenger’s side). Carli Coil Springs and Leaf Springs for the 1994-02 are designed side-specific to lift the Driver’s side more than the Passenger’s side to lessen/eliminate this common lean. However, we’ve had trucks require the taller spring be installed on the passenger’s side to achieve a level stance and trucks that require the same height springs be installed on both sides to achieve a leveled stance. These trucks are not an exact science and were designed long before CAD programs and design standardization. For this reason, we cannot guarantee the truck will sit level side to side nor is the corrective action a “warranty”. Carli's choice was either discontinue the product line OR present the customer with the design oddities so they know what they’re getting into. As there are not many performance options for the 2nd gen trucks, they elected to keep the product line as the side to side correction can be alleviated with the use of small spring spacers with NO performance degradation.
Wheel and Tire: This system will fit up to a 35" tire with stock control arms (we recommend purchasing Carli's extended, Mild Steel Control Arms) on wheels with 5.75-6" of backspacing. If running factory wheels, we recommend an All Terrain 35" tire to avoid rubbing. For 37" tire fitment, High-Clearance Control Arms and Adjustable Track Bar can be paired to a wheel with 5.75" of Backspacing. The more rubber, the better the small bump compliance will be at proper inflation pressures. The ride will firm up as you go larger in wheel diameter.IMPORTANT NOTES:
- WHEELS: Carli Recommends a 17"-18" Wheel, no more than 9" wide with 5.75" of Backspacing on Leveling Systems
- TIRES: 35", E-Rated Tire Fitment is Recommended. Recommended unloaded Tire Pressure 45F/40R
- RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION: Carli Leveling Systems are Designed and Tested on Vehicles with 17"-18" Wheels with 35", E-Rated Tires. Stock wheels and tires or running a larger wheel diameter will result in a stiffer ride.
- ManufacturerCarli Suspension
- Multi-Rate Coil Springs
- Carli Signature Series Front and Rear Shocks
- Extended Sway Bar End Links
- Add-A-Pack Rear Leaf Springs with U-Bolt Kit
- Shock Diameter 2.0"
- Front Lift Height 3"
- Rear Lift Height 1"
- Tire Size Up to 35"
- Front Travel 10"
- Rear Travel 12"
- Improved Handling and Control
- Great system to get your feet wet with superior suspension that is easily upgradeable
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE