Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Gearhead has proven itself as one of the premier tuners for 7.3L Powerstrokes by building some of the highest horsepower, yet efficient (low smoke) tunes on the market. When asked "who has the best 7.3L tuning?" more often than not, the answer from industry professionals is "Matt at Gearhead." Between their variety of files that will suit any truck on the road or the track, their superior customer service with a lifetime's worth of free re-burns, and the cost compared to others, you can't go wrong with a Gearhead programmed chip for your 7.3L.
The advantage of the Hydra Chip over Gearhead's standard 6-position chip is that Gearhead can e-mail files to you, as opposed to requiring the physical unit for re-burns, as with the standard 6-position.INCLUDED TUNES (custom files by request):
- Heavy Tow: Towing up to the trucks maximum capacity but with better economy than stock
- High Idle: Aids warm-up and running accessories with heavy electrical demand or better air conditioner performance in the summer time on long period of idling
- Tow / Economy: Gains about 40H over stock can usually tow up to 10,000 lbs but user should watch Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) on long hills if towing in excess of 7,000 lbs.
- Street Muscle: Gains 80-100 HP over stock and runs about 1300 degrees max with an exhaust and intake installed
- Street Fury: Good for extra passing power (must watch EGT) and springs from stoplight to stoplight without belching excessive smoke
- All Out: This file definitely smokes with a stab of the throttle but power gains over tune 5 depend on the condition of your High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) and its availability to produce enough volume to the injectors
IMPORTANT NOTE: Gearhead recommends that 94-97 Powerstrokes be running a boost fooler, while the 99-03 SuperDuty's it is recommended to NOT have a boost fooler.
- ManufacturerGearhead Automotive Performance
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE