Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Gain the durability of a ball joint with the performance of a uniball by upgrading your existing ICON tubular upper control arms to the exclusive Delta Joint.
The Delta Joint's patent pending design was conceived after an interesting pattern of premature uniball wear was recognized by our engineering team. What was peculiar about these cases was that they seemed to be consistently reported from areas in which road salts and other harsh de-icing agents are used throughout the year. After the inspection of several sets of uniballs, it was clear that wear and tear was being accelerated on these components in these particular conditions.
While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements. Whether it be corrosive chemicals used on roadways or the unforgiving dirt and mud that comes with off-road adventure, uniballs allow this debris to build up and eventually work its way into the internals causing wear and possibly failure. Understanding this flaw and the problems that it creates is what sparked the idea of developing a heavy duty, high angle retrofit ball joint which ultimately led to the creation of the patent pending ICON Delta Joint.
What makes the Delta Joint unique is that it brings the best of both worlds to ICON upper control arms with features that make it more robust than a uniball, and at the same time capable of greater angularity than a typical ball joint. A zinc plated housing provides the first layer of corrosion resistance, while a tough grease seal keeps potentially harmful elements out of the inner workings of the joint. Metal on metal construction and a greasable design increase the longevity of the Delta Joint while at the same time allowing for noise-free operation. A carburized taper pin decreases internal friction and further improves corrosion resistance. It is the design of the Delta Joint's taper pin that allows it to achieve the high angularity required to optimize suspension geometry in lifted applications. Combine these features with the fact that the Delta Joint repeatedly outperformed the traditional 1" uniball in industrial pullout tests and it's clear that this is a no-compromise addition to the vehicle's suspension.
- ManufacturerICON Vehicle Dynamics
- Patented Delta Joint (U.S. Pat. 10,731,700) combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a traditional uniball
- Sealed design and zinc plated housing protects Delta Joint from the elements, road salts, and other debris
- Metal on metal internals and a greasable design for maximum longevity and noise-free operation
- Capable of high angularity required for lifted applications
- Carburized taper pin provides increased corrosion resistance, decreased internal friction, and less chance of thread galling on assembly
- Pullout strength greater than comparable industry standard uniball
- Application specific taper pins for precise fit across a wide range of vehicles
- 5 Year ICON Limited Warranty (When used with ICON Vehicle Dynamics suspension components, visit www.iconvehicledynamics.com/deltajoint for more info)
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE