BULLY DOG Tuners | Programmers
Bully Dog Tuners When looking to add power and fuel economy to any diesel truck, typically the first thing that comes to mind, or is recommended, is to install a diesel programmer or chip. Unbekn ... read more
Bully Dog Tuners
When looking to add power and fuel economy to any diesel truck, typically the first thing that comes to mind, or is recommended, is to install a diesel programmer or chip. Unbeknownst to many, adding horsepower can and WILL deliver additional MPG’s, so you can basically have your cake and eat it too! But how? Simply put, unless you consistently drive aggressively, having the extra power will make the job of moving your 8,000+ pound truck easier, hence not having to work as hard.
But now, which one is right for you? Bully Dog Diesel has been in the diesel performance tuning industry since 1998 producing various Bully Dog Tuners and have gained loads of notoriety for their various devices and tunes over the years. For anyone that’s been affiliated whatsoever in the industry for some time will remember the days of the Power Pup and Crazy Larry tune files that delivered unparalleled ground pounding torque. But from those days, Bully Dog Performance Chips have come a long ways in terms of tuning and the devices which carry those tunes. With intuitive tuners and monitors such as the GTX and BDX devices to tune your truck that feature WiFi connectivity for easy updates to their GTX Watchdog for gauges and diagnostic troubleshooting, and everything in between, Bully Dog Performance has a solution for every need.
And guess what, Bully Dog isn’t merely limited to programmers. Seeing that the industry needed a lifetime serviceable DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) that outflowed the factory units at a comparable price, Bully Dog went to work and released their line of Performance DPF’s that allow you to have the added power you want, without all of the headaches. If Big Rigs are your thing, the Bully Dog Big Rig division is for you. With advanced tuning, turbo upgrades, manifolds, and more for Caterpillar, Detroit, and Cummins ISX, you’ll gain the extra power your semi needs, plus the extra fuel economy that will deliver a nice dividend each month. Especially if you’re an owner-operator that’s looking to reduce expenses, the ROI on these upgrades is impressive, coupled with the fact you’ll be passing the rest of the pack up those grades.
The increase of power is noticed, BIG TIME. Very simple installation. Worth every dollar you $pend. You won't be disappointed.
The Bullydog GT really opened up the power in my 2014 Dodge Ram 2500 cummins
Great product. Simple install. Noticeable power and performance. I like the defueling, comes in handy here in Texas when it's blasted hot out and your running the heck out of the truck.
I keep the Bully Dog on my truck at all times. Never had a problem with it, and being able to change the mode with the touch of a button is awesome. Easy to install and use. Have recommended to several people.
Easy install. Customer service was great. Having had it long but can feel the difference when towing.
Bullydog gt tuner works great on my 08 dodge 2500 6.7l. The power levels are perfect for what I use it for. Towing heavy loads on the tow tune are much better. The truck rarely downshifts going up hills unlike before without the tuner it would run out of power. I recommend the bullydog gt diesel tuner to anyone the a diesel truck!
- To update your Bully Dog product, use the Update Agent from the web site, found HERE
- Bully Dog does not and will not offer DPF delete.
- At this time Bully Dog does not have a Crazy Larry option available.
- Try returning your vehicle to stock if you haven't done so already, then attempt to start the vehicle.
- Did your vehicle start while at stock? If so, great!
- If not, let's connect the device to your vehicle to read Vehicle Info. We are looking to see if the device communicates with the vehicle or not.
- If the issue remains and the device does not communicate with the vehicle, Give Bully Dog a call with the device, the vehicle, and access to a windows PC to further troubleshoot with one of their Technical Support Agents.
- Yes, you may return to stock and tune a different vehicle up to 3 times. Your remaining unlocks will be reduced every time the device tunes a different VIN number. However, only one vehicle can be tuned at a time. In order to tune multiple vehicles simultaneously, you will need a device per vehicle.
- Bully Dog recommends that you update the device every 6-8 months if it is a newer vehicle, as they come out with updates on these vehicles regularly. If an update is required, you will need to insure that the device is fully uninstalled from your vehicle (returned to stock). However, if you are not having any issues, there is really no need to update.
- Disconnect/Reconnect the device and run the update once more if the update doesn't start on its own.
- If you are unable to finish the update then it will require additional troubleshooting.
- Give Bully Dog a call with the device, the vehicle, and access to a windows PC to further troubleshoot with one of our Techincal Support Agents.
- There is a switch on OBDII block that plugs into the vehicle's diagnostic port labeled KEY and BATT. Make sure that the switch is set to the KEY position. If the device still does not turn off and is equipped with the accessory power wire, check the fuse that power wire is connected to and make sure that fuse does not have power when the key is off. The power wire needs to be connected to a fuse that only has power with the key on.
- Bully Dog found with their testing that the power levels that theyconsider “EXTREME” (100+hp) cause the truck to regen too frequently, setting off trouble codes. That being said, Stock, Tow and Performance are the only power levels currently available on these trucks.
- 1999-2001 7.3L Powerstroke: pull fuses 16, 19, and 29. Once the download is complete, reinstall all fuses.
- 2002-2003 7.3L Powerstroke: pull fuses 19, 35, and 41. Once the download is complete, reinstall all fuses.
- 2001-2002 Duramax: pull fuses SEO IGN, RDO1, RAP2. Once the download is complete, reinstall all fuses.
- 2003-2005 Duramax: pull fuses: TBC BATT, TBC IGN1, RADIO, INFO. Once the download is complete, reinstall all fuses.
- From the main gauge screen, select "Menu" using the top left button
- Scroll down to the "Uninstall GT/Download".
- Follow the onscreen prompts until the device shows the download has been completed successfully.
- This will unlock the GT from the vehicle so it may be used on another vehicle.
- All diesel applications except 11+ Duramax:
- Make sure the GT programming is installed
- Press the top right button to increase the power level and the bottom right button to decrease power level.
- 2011+ Duramax diesel:
- Go to install download
- Select Modify settings or modify tuning when prompted.
- Follow the onscreen downloading instructions
- This is most commonly caused by having the incorrect harness plugged in during part 1 of the Cummins Unlock. Part 1 requires the "Stock" harness that is included with the GT to be used. If you have the "Unlock Harness" plugged in during part 1, please unplug and restart the unlock using the "Stock" GT harness.