Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $199
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Why GM opted to not include a factory fuel lift pump on all of the early model Duramax's is still a mystery. While the CP3 injection pump is able to draw adequate fuel pressure at stock power levels, anything above that its been proven that fuel pressure quickly begins to drop off, limiting the amount of overall power that can be achieved, as well as decreasing potential fuel economy, and potentially harming the injection pump and injectors due to a lack of lubrication.
The AirDog II-5G is an all in one premium fuel pump and filtration system for your 2001-2010 Duramax diesel. This system removes water, particulates, and entrained air from the diesel fuel. The entrained air that is separated from the fuel is returned to the tank through a small return fitting. The fuel is delivered to the engine at the correct pressure and flow rate to meet the demands of the engine under all operating conditions.
The AirDogII-5G DF-100 systems feature a built in adjustible diaphragm pressure regulator. All AirDog II-5G systems include a complete installation kit. The AirDog II-5G, for this particular application, is preset at 8-10 psi from factory for a stock application. The regulator is adjustible up to 55 psi for fine tuning the system to perfectly match up to your current and future performance upgrades.
HOW IT WORKS:
The AirDog II-5G DF-100 draws fuel from the fuel tank through a 5/8” suction line to reduce the risk of cavitation at the pump. The fuel is then drawn through the water separator where 92% of water is removed per SAE spec 1488. It is then pressurized through a Gerotor pump and sent to the 2 micron fuel filter before it is sent to the injection pump. The air from aerated fuel, due to tank sloshing and engine return lines, is separated and sent back to the tank through the 3/8” return fitting. The excess fuel that the engine does not use is recirculated through the diaphragm regulator back to the suction side of the pump.
- ManufacturerAirDog | PureFlow Technologies
- PureFlow AirDog products are manufactured in Shelbyville Indiana by a team of skilled workers with unsurpassed attention to detail and using the most stringent quality assurance.
- (1) AirDogII-5G DF-100
- (1) AirDogII Mounting Bracket
- (1) Mounting Hardware Kit
- (1) Frame Bracket Set
- (1) Wiring Harness
- (1) Bundle of Plastic Ties
- (1) Spacer
- (1) 14ft of Fuel Line
- (1) 7ft of 5/8” Fuel Line
- (1) 5/8” High Flow Suction Tube
- (3) 1/2” Straight Hose Quick Connect End
- (1) 3/8” 90 Degree Hose Quick Connect Fitting
- (1) Customer Service Oring Replacement Kit
- (1) 1/2” Male J2004 Quick Connect x 3/4-16” UNF
- (1) 3/8” Male J2004 Quick Connect x 7/16” UNF
- (2) 3/4-16 ORB Male to -10 JIC Female Fitting
- (2) -10 JIC Male to 5/8” Barb
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Supports stock to moderate horsepower levels
- Flows 100 Gallons Per Hour
- Preset at 8-10 PSI
- Variable fuel pressure
- 3/4-16 o-ring boss (-8) inlet and outlet ports
- 7/16-20 ORB return port (-4)
- 4 bearing design with intermediate shaft to reduce pump noise and increase reliability
- Low flow fuel return to reduce aeration in the tank
- Demand Flow: only feeds as much fuel as what the engine needs
- Dual feed that feeds fuel to both sides of the Gerotor Pump to decrease cavitation
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE