Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $199
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Upgrade your towing equipment in your Diesel truck with the Weigh Safe 180 Drop Hitch. This hitch provides a 2,200 lbs max tongue weight and an overall GTW of 18,500 lbs.
WHAT IS TONGUE WEIGHT AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? - Tongue weight (TW) refers to the weight that the fully loaded trailer exerts downward on the hitch ball of the tow vehicle. Tongue weight is typically 10 percent - and should not exceed 15 percent - of your gross trailer weight. For example, a 10,000-lb trailer should have a tongue weight between 1,000 lbs and 1,500 lbs. You can adjust the tongue weight of your trailer by removing or adding cargo, or redistributing the load on the trailer. The tongue weight should not exceed the capacity of your tow vehicle, your hitch, or any of your towing components.
Simply put, too little tongue weight can cause trailer sway and too much tongue weight can cause the tow vehicle to perform poorly. You may have difficulty steering, gaining traction, or braking when driving a setup that has too much weight pushing down on the rear of the vehicle. Ultimately, towing with an improper tongue weight can cause you to lose control of your vehicle or cause your trailer to separate from the vehicle.
- ManufacturerWeigh Safe
- MPNLTB4-2.5 | LTB6-2.5 | LTB8-2.5 | LTB10-2.5
- (1) Drawbar
- (1) 2" & 2-5/16" Combo Ball
- (1) 180 Slider
- (1) Ball Retaining Pin
- (1) Lock Plate Key Assembly
- Ball mount with included hitch balls lets you hook up your trailer to your tow vehicle
- Shank slides into hitch receiver
- Ball provides connection point for trailer coupler
- Stowable design lets you store the ball and mounting platform underneath your vehicle
- Remove dual locking pins holding ball mount platform in place on shank
- Place platform on backside of shank, facing towards the vehicle
- Reinsert dual locking pins to secure ball mount platform for travel
- 180 Drop Hitch 3″ shank sizes & 4″ drops are NOT stowable
- Adjustable height lets you tow trailers of different heights with the same vehicle
- Slide ball mount platform up or down shank and secure in place with included dual locking pins
- 2 Keys are included
- 2 Different-size Combo hitch balls let you tow trailers with different coupler sizes
- To switch ball, simply remove the ball-retaining lock pin from the platform, flip the 180 slider, and reinsert pin
- 6061 T6 billet aluminum shank and mounting platform provide superior strength and durability
- Solid block construction provides greater strength than hollow steel competitors while also maintaining a light weight
- Rustproof for a clean finish that stands the test of time
- Stainless steel hitch balls are corrosion resistant
- Hitch pin and clip or hitch lock sold separately
- SAE J684 certified and VESC Regulations V-5 compliant
- Made in the USA
- Maximum Gross Trailer Weight:
- 2" Ball 8,000 lbs.
- 2-5/16" Ball 18,500 lbs.
- Maximum Tongue Weight: 2,200 lbs.
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE