Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
These steering boxes are built in Washington state and offer unmatched steering control and longevity. We have personally ran several brands and have had the best results to date with the Red-Head.
This gearbox allows you to retain the factory steering shaft, as well as the stock pitman arm. This is a major advantage especially those with lifted trucks with dropped pitman arms, you will not have to change your pitman arm.
HYDRAULIC STEERING ASSIST PORTS OPTION: Red-Head offers a porting option for those that are either already running a hydraulic assist steering, or plan to in the future. If you choose to make this upgrade to the box (from the drop down menu), your gear box will come with two pre-drilled and tapped ports with plugs. For clarification, hydraulic assist is NOT something your vehicle would have come from the factory with, rather it is an upgrade that adds a hydraulic ram to the steering linkage to aid in steering. Most vehicles do NOT have this option, thus if you are unsure if you have it, you probably do not.
IMPORTANT NOTES: You have the option for us to include a pre-paid return label with the shipment for ease of returning your core. With this option, you will merely need to drop the re-packaged core with accompanying shipping label off at a UPS drop-off. Otherwise, it will be your responsibility to supply your own means of returning the core. Pre-paid return label option is only applicable to the lower 48 contiguous United States. Please contact us if you have any questions. Cores with broken shafts or cases will receive partial or no core refund.
- Some 1997 models feature a 4 bolt top cover, please verify fitment before ordering.
- ManufacturerRed-Head Steering Gears Inc.
- 12 Month Warranty
- Built in the USA
- Housings are machined out and replaced with needle bearings
- Shafts are flame sprayed or replaced as needed
- New control valves installed on some applications
- Worm and piston assembly are custom fit with special ordered, precise oversized ball bearings
- Sector shafts are installed on a lathe to confirm they are straight and true
- Sealing surface is polished to avoid any leaks
Added To Cart
Red-Head Steering Gear Box 80-97 Ford F-Series