Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Smarty.... this is a name that has been synonymous with Dodge Cummins for years. It's hard to describe to someone what is different about a Smarty tuner versus "others" until they drive it. Even with having similar power levels to other brands of tuners, Smarty has the leg up on drivability. Think of it this way, while there are many other tuners on the market that make the same power (if not more) than a Smarty, its all in how each GETS to that power. Where most other types of programming have more of a progressive curve that slowly gains that additional horsepower, and finally achieves it at the top end, Smarty gives a much more aggressive curve that brings the majority of that power in from the bottom end, and then carries it all the way through the power band up to the top.
Another thing that guys especially with manual transmission trucks notice is that the Smarty makes gear changes much easier, because the power kind of "hangs" so you don't have to come up on boost as much between gear changes. Couple this great power with NINE power levels, and its hard to pass up a Smarty programmer. Oh yeah, and you probably want increased fuel economy, too, right? Guess what, Smarty's work exceptionally at increasing the fuel economy on your 6.7L Cummins without making ANY other modifications!
And because we get this question day in and day out, how will a Smarty effect fuel economy? Well, we have good news for you! Smarty did extensive research and testing to increase the fuel economy as much as possible with ONLY the addition of a Smarty. In order to do this, they had to determine the best way to increase the overall efficiency of the engine, in turn also reducing tailpipe emissions, which also reduces the amount of regeneration cycles the truck performs. And more good news, they accomplished it. To prove the results, Smarty had independent testing performed which delivered a 4.15 MPG average increase and a 24.26% decrease in carbon dioxide tailpipe emissions.IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING POWER LEVELS:
- Do not use power levels 8 or 9 for prolonged high speed runs! Speeds exceeding approx 105 mph can result in high exhaust gas temperatures and damage the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)!
- All even numbered software (2-4-6-8) without timing are to be used for stacking with other after market power adding devices that also add their own timing. NO additional timing has to be used with the odd numbered software (1-3-5-7-9). Severe engine damage will result!
VARIABLE GEOMETRY TURBO (VGT) ADJUSTMENTS: It is now possible for the customer to dial in the VGT responsiveness. What does this mean? You can change from the default settings how responsive your turbo is depending on your driving style!
The VGT levels are as follows:
1) stock ( makes for a somewhat sluggish throttle )
2) The Default one, good compromise between responsiveness and MPG
3) For Mileage! Less responsive than 2 but better for mileage ( Should be used for towing heavy )
4) As responsive as possible without creating too much back pressure. Mileage will suffer a little with this one!
Smarty software updates are always free. As an added bonus, you can always send yours in and we can do it for you. Local guys can always bring theirs in for the free update. We will even help you program your truck!
- ManufacturerSmarty by MADS Electronics
- Ten different CaTCHER performance levels for gains up to 170 rear wheel horsepower over stock
- Allows ABS / Speedo recalibration in steps of one tenth of an inch
- Has a code reader, codes are displayed as Pxxxx and in plain English
- The fastest download, up to three times faster than the competition
- Built-in USB port for Internet updates.
- SW# 0: Half power
- SW# 1: 30 Hp increase, with added timing
- SW# 2: 60 Hp increase, no added timing
- SW# 3: 60 Hp increase, with added timing
- SW# 4: 90 Hp increase, no added timing
- SW# 5: 90 Hp increase, with added timing
- SW# 6: 130 Hp increase, no added timing
- SW# 7: 130 Hp increase, with added timing
- SW# 8: 170 Hp increase, no added timing
- SW# 9: 170 Hp increase, with added timing
- This product will not allow for the removal or disablement of factory emissions equipment, such as EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) or DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter).
- Product is not returnable if the packaging has been opened and/or product has been installed.
- This product is intended to be used with a factory exhaust, or a DPF back exhaust system, as DPF delete functionality is not a function of this tuner.
- PoD function not yet available for 2010 trucks
- If you have a 2010 cab and chassis, you will need to choose the 2007.5-2009 application
- Not available for 2011+ cab and chassis
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Questions
Will this programmer work as a race tune? to run with an EGR/DPF delete??
This is a emissions compliant tuner, It will not work with deleted emissions components.
will this tuner work with an egr delete??
No sir that tuner is for emissions intact only with all emissions components in place and functional.
I have a 2014 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins. My friend has a 2013 and I was wondering if the Smarty S67 from his truck is compatible with mine??
The S-67 is not compatible with the 2014. Only the Smarty Touch with the ComMod, for emissions intact only.
So I want to make sure before buying one. I have the 2012 ram 3500 so this should work fine and I can keep my truck emissions legal and travel through California and not be bothered correct? I use my truck to haul with and California DOT like to look at this stuff.?
This item is not CARB approved, however is designed to work with the trucks emissions systems and equipment intact.
This seems to have awesome reviews, a friend recommended it for my 2012 cummins mega cab. I was going to purchase bully dog's tuner but believe I've changed my mind. How will this work with a 5in exhaust and cold air intake? Also is there a mount that comes with this tuner? Thanks in advance, Robert Jenkins?
That tuner would not work well with 5in exhaust it does not have the correct tuning to run it. You would need the RaceMe in order to do that.