Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Knowing the tongue weight of all bumper pull trailer is critical in your ability to tow safely and smoothly. Further, being able to adjust the load on your trailer to optimize your tongue weight is even more important. In the past, this was a daunting process, but with the Steel Weigh Safe Drop Hitch, you have a scale built into a stylish, adjustable steel ball mount that makes this process extremely simple.
BUILT-IN TONGUE WEIGHT SCALE - The Weigh Safe Drop Hitch is the one and only trailer hitch with a built-in scale that signals you to adjust your load before you hit the road, resulting in a much safer and enjoyable towing experience. Before this ball mount, gauging your trailer's tongue weight was a hassle. You had to rely on inefficient bathroom scales, make a trip to the weigh station, or purchase a separate tongue weight scale. But with the Weigh Safe's built-in scale, measuring your tongue weight is as easy as coupling your trailer to your ball mount. Simply hook-up your trailer to the Weigh Safe ball mount just as you would any other ball mount. The weight of your trailer will push down on the hitch ball, which in turn pushes down on an internal hydraulic piston that sits on a bed of oil. When the piston drops into the oil, the pressure reading is sent out to the scale.
WHAT IS TONGUE WEIGHT AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? - Tongue weight (TW) refers to the weight that the fully loaded trailer exerts downward on the hitch ball of the tow vehicle. Tongue weight is typically 10 percent - and should not exceed 15 percent - of your gross trailer weight. For example, a 10,000-lb trailer should have a tongue weight between 1,000 lbs and 1,500 lbs. You can adjust the tongue weight of your trailer by removing or adding cargo, or redistributing the load on the trailer. The tongue weight should not exceed the capacity of your tow vehicle, your hitch, or any of your towing components.
Simply put, too little tongue weight can cause trailer sway and too much tongue weight can cause the tow vehicle to perform poorly. You may have difficulty steering, gaining traction, or braking when driving a setup that has too much weight pushing down on the rear of the vehicle. Ultimately, towing with an improper tongue weight can cause you to lose control of your vehicle or cause your trailer to separate from the vehicle.
- ManufacturerWeigh Safe
- MPNSWS8-2.5 | SWS6-2.5
- (1) Drawbar
- (1) 2" Ball
- (1) 2-5/16" Ball
- (1) Slider with Gauge
- (1) Ball Retaining Pin
- (1) Lock Plate Key Assembly
- Ball mount with included hitch balls lets you hook up your trailer to your tow vehicle
- Shank slides into hitch receiver
- Ball provides connection point for trailer coupler
- Tongue weight scale built into the ball mount platform helps you balance your trailer
- Promotes safe towing - lets you know if your load needs to be adjusted before you tow
- Simple operation - automatically provides a measurement every time you couple your trailer
- Efficient and hassle-free - eliminates the need for separate or commercial scales
- Stowable design lets you store the ball and mounting platform underneath your vehicle
- Remove dual locking pins holding ball mount platform in place on shank
- Place platform on backside of shank, facing towards the vehicle
- Reinsert dual locking pins to secure ball mount platform for travel
- Adjustable height lets you tow trailers of different heights with the same vehicle
- Slide ball mount platform up or down shank and secure in place with included dual locking pins
- 2 Keys are included
- 2 Different-size hitch balls let you tow trailers with different coupler sizes
- To switch ball, simply remove the ball-retaining lock pin from the platform, insert ball, and reinsert pin
- Steel shank and mounting platform provide superior strength and durability
- Solid block construction provides greater strength than hollow steel competitors while also maintaining a light weight
- Black Cerakote Rustproof coating for a clean finish that stands the test of time
- Stainless steel hitch balls are corrosion resistant
- Hitch pin and clip or hitch lock sold separately
- SAE J684 certified and VESC Regulations V-5 compliant
- Made in the USA
- Maximum Gross Trailer Weight:
- 2" Ball 8,000 lbs.
- 2-5/16" Ball 18,500 lbs.
- Maximum Tongue Weight: 2,200 lbs.
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
Added To Cart
Weigh Safe Black Cerakote Steel Drop Hitch | Designed for use with 2.5" Receiver Hitch