Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Featuring square drive tabs that are precision CNC cut into the billet cover, the Five Star is built in a unique two piece design that not only allows them to cut precision radial flank drive lugs into the cover, but also utilizes a plasma weld, ensuring unprecedented quality. The patented radial flank drive tabs virtually eliminate the wear that is common with all other round tab multi-disc torque converters, and is the reason that ATS can offer a FIVE YEAR WARRANTY on all of their torque converters.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Patented viskus clutch drive system for increased efficiency
- Billet cover with patented square flank drive
- Square tab construction (not round like the competition)
- Viskus disc CNC laser cut clutch plates
- Billet piston with patented flank drive tab design
- Proprietary ATS exclusive clutch formulation with unique bonding technology (ensures 100% chemical bond)
- Redesigned spring dampener supports increased torque loads
- 4340 hardened turbine splines provide longevity due to engine torsional stress
- Fully welded turbine and impeller vanes
- CNC stator with high flow windows increase oil flow providing increased efficiency
- Full roller bearing construction between high load areas
- 4340 CNC cut pump drive hub lock into impeller housing and plasma welded for unsurpassed strength
- We do not recommend installing this torque converter in a stock transmission, due to the enhanced stall of the torque converter, you can see increased wear to the stock clutches, and can potentially break the stock flex plate and input shaft. We recommend at least installing a billet input shaft, billet flex plate, and upgraded clutches.
- ManufacturerATS Diesel Performance
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Questions
will this fit a 1999 ford f250 7.3 turbo diesel with stock tranny??
It would fit that application yes, we would recommend doing some other modifications also. Accumulator body and upgraded cooling. DppSands
What stall speed da !?
It is 1500-1700 RPM stall. DppSands