Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Not all multi-disc converters are created equal...
...and with BD's ProForce 3D, less is more. To start, the stamp forged cover is designed as one piece, which prevents warping, improper balancing and leakage. With this one piece cover design, BD is able to maintain the factory height, thus eliminating crowding of the pump and the possibility of premature wear.
Not stopping there, BD engineered the dampener for a better balancing by riveting it in place, eliminating welding, which can cause warping and out-of-balance. Each dampener spring is hand picked to ensure softer engagement. They also added notches to the clutch material to prevent fluid adhesion, thus ensuring that even in fluid coupling, the clutches will always have lube.
With engineered tighter tolerances and self-centering 36-external / 32-internal trapezoid-shaped clutch teeth which are designed to enable more contact surface to ensure the clutch plates properly align resulting in less friction wear, longer converter life cycle and firmer drivability. The clutch plates are also precision ground flat for smooth operation and consistent wear. Not only will this converter last longer, it also has 3 times the torque holding capacity!
As with BD's original Double Clutch X-Converter, the ProForce 3D comes with BD's engineered cast stator that the fin lengths, angles and curvatures are designed to deliver a fluid coupling engine RPM transfer of up to 95% vs. 75% with stock stators. This efficiency reduces engine temperature, increases fuel economy, and better matches the torque curve of the engine resulting in more torque and horsepower being delivered to the ground.
Further to all of our enhancements, we were able to reduce the overall weight of our converter by 12lbs compared to our competitors thus resulting in better fuel economy, less wear and tear, and, overall superior customer satisfaction.IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Warranty: 36-Month / 150,000 mile limited
- Billet Input Shaft recommended for high torque engines.
- MPN1071217X | 1071217LX | 1071217X-HS
- Enhanced Stall - Street/Towing applications
- HD springs absorb shock of engagement
- Stamp forged 1-piece cover
- Eliminates warpage from clutch heat
- Taller cover can be rebuilt more often
- Trapezoid teeth design
- Engineered tighter tolerances
- Self-centering trapezoid teeth design increases contact decreases wear and chatter
- Thrust bearings - not plastic thrust washers
- Riveted piston ensures alignment & eliminates vibration or embrittlement from welding
- Cast stator designs maximizes torque
- New sprag components ensure long term durability
- Furnaced brazed turbine fins for improved fluid coupling efficiency
- Reduced overall weight by 12lbs compared to competitors
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE