All core, general and warranty returns must be approved prior to the shipment of the returning product. Upon approval, you will be granted a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number that will tie your return shipment to the return request. This will help us to process your return quickly.
To request a RMA, please fill out the form below. You will receive ALL return instructions via email within 1 - 2 business days.
Core Returns: What is a Core?
We want to ensure that you are refunded your core charge as soon as possible, but in order to do this, we need your help to follow these guidelines.
- We require that all cores be returned within 21 days from delivery date of product requiring core charge. Failure to do so can result in forfeiture of the entire core charge return
- All cores must be returned to original warehouse that original shipment was sent from. In most cases, we do not provide return shipping labels for cores, if a return label is provided in the original shipment, use this tag. If one is not included, contact us immediately, and we can provide you with the correct address of where the core(s) must be returned to, as well as an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. DO NOT rely on the return address on the original label as a source for where to ship to
- If cores are shipped to the incorrect warehouse, your core money will be returned less the shipping cost for us to send the core(s) to the correct warehouse, or if you deferred the core you may be charged for the shipping amount
- Cores that have been disassembled or have missing and/or damaged major components will not receive full core credit
- Cores must be returned in the original packaging the new part was shipped in. Most manufacturers design special packaging for their products to protect them while in transit. Failure to reuse this packaging can result in damage to the core(s) which could lead to the forfeiture of your core return. Specifically regarding Bosch, they have a strict policy that core returns must be in their original packaging. If the original packaging is not used, the part number must be clearly identifiable on the part itself. If neither of these core criteria are met, no core return will be available.
- Returned cores must match the same vehicle fitment as the new part purchased. For instance, if you purchase a replacement turbo for a 2007.5-2012 Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins, the returned core must have a fitment of that same application.
- We have the right to alter this policy (i.e. extend the terms) for any reason. If you have an outstanding circumstance, contact us
- All products must be in new/uninstalled/UNOPENED condition with all the parts included
- All products must be sent back in NEW and original packaging
- Returns will not be accepted after 30-day from date received
- Customer is 100% responsible for shipping costs (Ex: If you return an item and did not originally pay shipping costs, the original shipping cost incurred by us will be deducted from your refund)
- Credit will be issued after the product is inspected and found to be in new condition
- ALL returns are subject to a 5% restocking fee. Additional fees may be incurred on non-stocking items which is determined by the manufacturer
- Refusal of a shipment will result in an automatic restocking fee determined upon the cost of fees associated with the refusal
General/New Returns will NOT be accepted under the following conditions:
- Product has been installed or attempt of install
- Product has been damaged
- Product is shipped without the original packaging, manuals and/or parts
- Product Packaging has been opened and or seal has been broke on the product
- Custom tuners such as, EFI Live, EZ LYNK, HP-Tuners, Smarty UDC, TS, and DP-tuner are not available for return
- AutoEngineuity scan tools are not eligible for return if the plastic on the case has been broken.
- Power Products Unlimited Inc. honors all manufacturer warranties
- Any product that carries a manufacturer's warranty must be warrantied through its respective manufacturer
- Installed components which have failed, such as, turbo, injectors, injection pumps, etc., must be removed/shipped back to its manufacturer for inspection before replacement
- Power Products Unlimited is not responsible for shipping products to manufacturers for inspection or the return shipping to the end user
- Labor time is not paid by Power Products Unlimited
- Manufacturers will only pay labor if stated in the manufacturer’s warranty
- All products manufactured by Power Products Unlimited Inc. carry a one year manufacturer defect warranty
What is a "Core Charge"?
In order to understand what a core charge is, you must first understand what a core is. In the automotive industry, most products are manufactured from brand new materials. However, numerous products are also remanufactured, meaning that the manufacturer of the product takes a used product, typically removed from a vehicle, disassembles, and replaces all worn components of the master product. A great example of this is in regards to automatic transmissions in which the manufacturer takes an existing transmission, replaces all of the inner working components, such as the torque converter, valve body, etc. and merely reuses the case.
Because aftermarket manufacturers require a steady stream of incoming cores to build, they charge a deposit on the core, known as a core charge, that is refunded upon receipt. In some cases, the core is not reusable, such as in the event of a cracked case, at which point the core deposit would not be credited as the core component is not reusable.
If you plan on returning your core you have two options.
OPTION 1: You can accept it, which means you will be charged for the part AND the core at time of purchase. You still have the option to send it back, and if you do, the core will be refunded back on the card used, presuming the core meets core criteria and the core is returned within 21 business days from originally receiving your order. If you have outstanding circumstances that would not allow the return to occur within 21 days, please contact us.
OPTION 2 You can defer the core charge. If you defer it, you will not be charged a core at time of purchase. You will have 21 business days from the day you receive it to send it back. As long as the core is received within the 21 business days, you will not be charged. If 21 business days goes by and you do not send it back, the card on file will be charged the core amount. You still may send it back, and once received, we will issue the core amount as in store credit, pending any limitations as set forth by the manufacturer.Core deferral is limited to payment by credit card only.