Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Has the steering on your Dodge Ram lost that tight feel? It is very common for the front end of these heavy trucks to loosen up after seeing some miles. Daimler-Chrysler has sent out many TSB's regarding excessive play in the O.E.M. track bar and weak performance in the O.E.M. steering stabilizer.
You may also hear from your dealer that there is an allowable amount of play in the ball joints before they need to be replaced. We have seen hundreds of trucks pass through the shop with any or all of these problems. Symptoms may vary from a slight shutter in the steering wheel to the dreaded death wobble.
Solution: Carli has put together the Front End Upgrade Kit to properly correct these issues the first time. By including all the key front end components in a package we can guarantee that your truck will feel and handle like a completely different truck. Tighter and more precise steering are both features that you can expect after installing this system.
Why it works:The reason that the Front End Upgrade Kit will make such a dramatic improvement is because it replaces the three most problematic components in the front end:
- The O.E.M track bar which has vulcanized rubber bushings on both ends. The rubber bushings are prone to breakdown over time which will cause excessive side-to-side movement of the front axle. Our Adjustable track Bar has a 3/4" chromoly rod end with a 7/8" threaded shaft at the axle end, and a heavy duty Delrin bushing at the frame end. This will eliminate any unwarranted movement from the axle and holds a much longer service life.
- The O.E.M. steering stabilizer is what is called an "oil shock". This means that there is no gas pressure to create resistance when cycling the shock. This type of stabilizer is limited to how much dampening it can provide. Our Stainless Steel Low Mount Steering Stabilizer uses an Internal Floating Piston (IFP) style stabilizer which has a separate chamber to house the nitrogen gas keeping it separate from the oil. This makes the stabilizer much more effective when reacting to sudden direction changes and "steering shimmy". Our stabilizer is also 100% rebuildable.
- The O.E.M. upper ball joint (actually a "pivot joint") uses a soft internal bronze bushing as the lubricant between the pin and the cup. The internal bushing can only tolerate a certain amount of load before it deforms and creates space for the pin to move laterally. Our Heavy Duty Upper Ball Joints are a 2 tiered design machined out of 4130 chromoly and heat treated to our specified hardness. This gives more than 100% more surface area for the ball joint to distribute the load. We eliminate any sort of bushing by using a dry aerospace type lubricant which is applied by machine. We have also incorporated internal grease ports for the grease to distribute evenly through the whole assembly.
- We keep referring to "08.5+ Steering" or the "09 Steering Upgrade". This is a retrofit kit for 03-08 trucks that is a factory retrofit kit. It is Dodge's solution to Death Wobble. In other words, a solution to a problem that they deny exists. It ties your front wheels together allowing them to work in unison. With the current set-up, when things start to wear your front wheels can start to toe in and out independently. Over the course of a few bumps at high speed, you can find your truck out of control and hopefully, you just end up in the ditch.
- If you have a 2008.5-2013 Ram 2500 or a 2008.5-2012 Ram 3500, your truck came from the factory with T-Style Steering. However, if you have a 2003-2008, your truck originally came equipped with Y-Style, but it could have been upgraded to the T-Style. The easiest method to determine if you have the upgraded "T-Style Steering" is to inspect the centerlink bar that the steering stabilizer is attached to. If your stabilizer mounts to the center link bar with two u-bolts and a plate, you have the T-Style steering. However, if your stabilizer mounts to the center link bar with a bolt that runs through the middle of the centerlink bar via a hole in the bar, you have the Y-Style steering.
- ManufacturerCarli Suspension
- MPNCS-DFEU-Y | CS-DFEU-T
- Aggressive off-road durability
- Full Re-buildable components
- More precise steering
- Life of the vehicle components
- Adjustable track bar
- Upper and lower ball joints
- Low mount stabilizer
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Questions
why is there an upcharge of $125 if i select 4-6"" front end lift??? other vendors selling the same kit are not applying any other charges nor asking for lift height!?
For 4-6 inches of lift you would also need the Carli Trac bar drop bracket to maintain correct geometry of the trac bar angle, that is what the additional 125.00 is for. That trac bar only has enough adjustment for 0-3 inches, that is why the drop bracket is needed for 4-6 inches.
How do I know if I have the 8.5 steering upgrade? Is there anyway I can look to see I just bought this truck ??
Solid tie rod is 08.5+. Y link is pre - 08.5
I have this set up but having trouble with steering stablelizer holding pressure what is wrong??
I would recommend contacting Carli. However could be a seal issue.
If I purchase these items with the Synergy Heavy Duty Steering Kit, should I select the modified option, or pay the extra for the ""non-modified (Y)""??
You would select that you have the 8.5+ steering system.
I have a 06 2500 dodge ram With the Y style. What would need to be changed to upgrade to a T-style? and is it worth it? im am in the market for a set of ball joints and maybe a adjustable trac bar since the bushing are going bad on that as well. "" truck is leveled on 22x11"" first i was Just planning on moog ball joints and Moog-K80777 for my trac bar bushings. cheap but fixed... anyways I don't know if its worth converting over to a T style my steering feels great. besides some minor play. however, I am a bit interested in item ""Carli Suspension Front End Upgrade Kit 03-13 Dodge Ram 2500/3500"" its a splurge from just Basic ball joints and a some trac bar bushings for the OEM trac bar. any insight would be very appreciated. also do your company do anything for veterans/miltary. Im willing to provide proof of service with a DD-214. if not i understand and would like to thank you for taking the time to review my questions. looking forward to hearing back to you.?
Hi Joshua, this is for single questions pertaining to the product. Please shoot us a call or email to help you further.