Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
From street and towing to full race, BD Builds Them Best!
Your transmission was only designed to handle the torque and horsepower the stock engine delivers, and in the case of some Dodge models, even the stock torque can present a challenge. So when you start adding power modules, turbo upgrades and other bolt-ons, it's only a matter of time before the transmission wears out and eventually fails.
BD transmission and converter packages are built specifically to handle the high torque loads of diesel engines at our state-of-the-art transmission facility. We reprogram the valve body for higher line pressure, and add heavy-duty clutches with up to 25% more material than stock. The stock thrust washers, which disintegrate and leave metal filings in your transmission, are replaced with roller Torrington bearings.
Inside each transmission is a NEW DESIGN valve body that achieves up to 80% higher clutch apply pressures over the stock unit and up to 50% over the competitors with the increase starting at much lower engine rpm's and at lighter throttle pedal position movement. Light throttle shift firmness is also maintained at these higher apply pressures.
Our transmission packages also include a BD rigid aluminum heavy duty transmission pans which adds extra oil capacity and reduces case flex, enhanced stall converter, plus, includes a BD auxiliary full flow filter kit for extra protection.
Each transmission is dyno-tested to make sure it functions properly in all gears before it is shipped to you in one of our containers.
Other options to consider when replacing your transmission are to mate the BD transmission with one of our Flex Plates for added performance and strength. Call for detailswe'll be happy to answer your transmission questions.
WARRANTY - 36-month / 150,000 mile limited warranty on non competitive, racing or sled-pulling applications. See warranty statement for further details.
SHIPPING POLICY - PLEASE READ - Due to the size and weight of transmissions, they cannot be shipped through traditional couriers, such as UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc. and MUST be shipped via truck freight. We do not offer free shipping on transmissions, however, we do offer a very competitive flat rate charge that is added to your shopping cart at checkout. Further, to aid in returning your core transmission, we give you the option to be billed up front for the core return and we will coordinate the pickup and return of your transmission. Once your core transmission is ready for pick up, you just need to give us a call or send us an e-mail with your original order number and the core tag on the transmission, and we'll take care of the rest. Otherwise, we give you the option to coordinate the return shipping on your own and independently pay your courier of choice. As always, if you have any questions, give us a call or send us an e-mail.
|47RE Clutch Count|
- MPN1064164SS | 1064162SS
- BD rigid aluminum heavy duty transmission pan
- Adds 1qt extra oil capacity
- Reduces case flex
- Reduces internal oil leakage
- Heat-dissipating fins keep temperature down
- Magnetic drain plug
- Fully rollerized geartrain
- All new bushings
- New input shafts and hub
- Upgraded governor pressure transducer (47RE/48RE)
- Upgraded governor solenoid
- Twice the burst pressure than stock
- Cooler line case saver in every transmission
- Added heavy-duty clutches with up to 25% more material than stock
- Machined forward (rear) beveled pressure plate
- Machined overdrive brake (front & rear) pressure plate
- Machined direct clutch (front) piston
- High temp/energy Raybestos band
- Billet band strut & anchor
- Billet dual ring accumulator piston
- Stock thrust washers replaced with roller Torrington bearings
- Saves governor solenoids
- Reduces friction
- Drilled intermediate shaft for increased lube
- Modified manual valve for lube in all positions
- 47RE transmissions upgraded with more rugged 48RE components
- BD auxiliary full flow filter kit for extra protection
- New design valve body
- Up to 80% higher clutch apply pressures over the stock unit
- Pressure increase starts at much lower engine rpm's and at lighter throttle pedal position movement
- Light throttle shift firmness is also maintained
- No shuttle shifting
- Enhanced stall-Street/Towing applications
- Torque multiplying cast aluminum stators
- Lower rpm response than the stock converter
- More efficient operation
- Less heat and better fuel economy
- Stamp forged steel front cover
- Furnace brazed fins
- Up to triple the amount of lock up clutch material
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
What is "Freight Shipping Cost"?