Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $199
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
We'll just come out and say it, the stock intake manifold on the 6.7 Cummins is an atrocious design that destroys airflow before entering your engine. And what's worse, is that the intake plenum with an integrated grid heater directly below it, literally the last line of defense to improve any airflow before it hits your cylinders, its no better. Overall, your engine is like a big air pump and if you're not pumping a load of cool, dense air into it, you're not operating at peak efficiency. And efficiency isn't JUST about MPG's, its also about power and exhaust gas temperatures (EGT's). So, if you want to increase any, or all of these, increase your airflow, and there's few better and easier ways than upgrading with this complete Banks Monster-Ram Intake System.
WHAT IT DOES: The Monster-Ram Gen 2 improves airflow from the intercooler. It flows 936 CFM (71.5 lbs/min) with Banks’ High-Flow Heater and Billet Intake Plate compared to stock's 421 CFM (32.16 lbs/min). That is a huge 122% improvement over stock! The proprietary design raises boost without increasing back-pressure at the turbine. The result is a more responsive, power-efficient engine that offers more headroom than stock for higher horsepower applications.
HOW IT DOES IT: Your Cummins engine consumes a massive amount of air and struggles to breathe through its tiny, squashed inlet. The stock horn causes boost loss at the same flow while the Banks Monster-Ram has a wide, unrestricted, free-flowing path. The Monster-Ram uses a new No. 1 fuel line for added clearance, this lets it have a large direct opening and flow more air without obstruction. All this without the need for retuning the ECM, just bolt on and go! If you have an existing iDash setup, the Monster-Ram has four 1/8 inch NPT ports for expansion options so it's ready for whatever the future brings.
50 STATE COMPLIANT: All emission systems are retained maintaining 50 State compliance and a CARB-EO.
STOCK BLOCKS PERFORMANCE: The stock heater grid chokes airflow even more, just to heat the air during cold engine starts. The stock heater grid is a magnet for soot and carbon build up. The harder you drive your Ram, the worse it gets. Owners have reported engine damage as parts of the OEM heater have come loose causing thousands of dollars worth of damage!
MAKE WAY FOR AIRFLOW: Banks engineers designed an all-new heating solution to allows the removal of the factory grid heater and plate. A Banks exclusive coil heater sits vertically inside the Monster-Ram without hindering airflow and the factory grid heater is replaced with an open billet aluminum plate. This eliminates the risk of engine failure due to parts loosening and falling into the engine while maintaining OEM like cold weather engine start performance.
- ManufacturerBanks Power
- MPN42799 | 42799-PC | 42799-B | 42805-R | 42805-N
- Quicker throttle response
- Outflows stock over 88.3%
- Optimizes air pressure and distribution
- Larger and less restrictive than stock intake
- Improves flow of oxygen-rich air into cylinders
- Raises boost without increasing turbine drive pressure
- 3-3/8 inch inlet
- Red powder coat, Natural, or Black powder coat finish
- Four 1/8 inch NPT ports
- High-flow Banks Coil Heater
- Accommodates stock mounting points
- Includes proprietary fuel line and all necessary hardware
- This manifold is available both specifically for a "pickup" and a "cab and chassis" so its important to understand what you have. For reference, a "pickup" is the most popular and comes from the factory with a traditional picked bed whereas a cab and chassis would be a vehicle that came from the factory without a standard pickup bed as they are intended for upfit with a flatbed or service body.