Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Ensure that the power of your Cummins is getting to the ground with an ATS Transmission Package. The 47RE transmission is the weakest point on a Dodge Cummins truck. Not only do they fail on trucks with minor upgrades, but even trucks in stock form have been known to be too powerful. A heavy duty truck needs parts which can stand up to heavy trailers, stop-and-go commutes to work, or high-horsepower applications. That's why ATS modifies the transmission to make it the strongest and most reliable part of your drivetrain.
With the many shortcomings of the 47RE, none are more important than the clutch packs. This is what takes the power load and transmits it to the rear wheels. ATS transmissions increase the clutch count in the Forward, Overdrive, and Overdrive Brake clutch packs which allow much higher torque capacity in each gear. Clutch material is also essential which is why ATS uses Borg Warner and Raybestos clutches which has both high torque strength, as well as longevity and reliability.
Another important aspect is the hard parts on the transmission. The factory sheet metal strut anchor is replaced with a much stronger billet strut anchor, allowing more precision application of the band. The factory plastic accumulator piston is replaced with a billet unit, as well. The apply lever is a 1:3.8 ratio apply arm, which applies the Borg Warner red lining band. This band features a performance friction material capable of holding higher power levels.
The valve body receives extensive modifications, as well. The ATS valve body has the ability to lock the torque converter in 1st and 2nd gear and circulate transmission fluid in park/reverse/neutral. ATS also machines the TV valve passage and they install their own proprietary TV valve sleeve, and increase the line pressure. You can choose between a towing or a racing valve body. The towing version will deliver smooth, quick, crisp shifts that enhance the drivability and operation of your transmission on the street and attached to a trailer. This is the valve body of choice for a street driven all-purpose truck. The race valve body is their hardcore power build. It is made to sacrifice as little time as possible between shifts, shift hard and fast, and leave nothing behind. It is a very aggressive valve body and a minimum of billet input shaft and flex plate are recommended.
Please Note: This Stage 3 Transmission Package comes standard with a Towing Valve Body. If you prefer a more aggressive shift pattern please select the option above to switch to a Racing Valve Body. No additional charge necessary.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Some 2WD models have a mechanical speedometer sending unit mounted to the tailshaft housing of the transmission. For these applications, please select "Two Wheel Drive with Speedo Adapter."
SHIPPING POLICY - PLEASE READ - Due to the size and weight of transmissions, they cannot be shipped through traditional couriers, such as UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc. and MUST be shipped via truck freight. For this reason, we cannot offer free shipping on transmissions. However, we do offer the option to pay for return shipping up front. If you select this option once your core transmission is ready to be picked up, you just need to give us a call with your original order number and the core tag on the transmission, and we'll take care of the rest. As always, if you have any questions, give us a call or send us an e-mail.
- ManufacturerATS Diesel Performance
- MPN3099342218 | 3099342237 | 3099362218
- ATS Billet Input Shaft
- ATS CoPilot Torque Converter Lock-Up Controller
- New performance forward clutch pack and steels with 1 added friction
- New performance direct clutch pack and steels with 1 added friction
- New performance overdrive brake clutch pack and steels with 1 added friction
- New performance overdrive clutch pack and steels
- Low/reverse band replaced with Borg Warner Red Lining performance band
- Intermediate/2nd gear band replaced with Borg Warner Red Lining performance band
- 1:3.8 band apply lever
- Billet Band strut
- Billet accumulator piston
- Precision machined forward pressure plate (machined step)
- Precision machined lower forward pressure plate (machined flat)
- Precision machined overdrive brake pressure plate (machined flat)
- New direct pressure plate
- Performance low/reverse one-way clutch
- Machined TV valve sleeve (prevents sticking TV valve)
- Ability to achieve 1st and 2nd gear lockup
- Ability to circulate fluid to the torque converter in park/reverse/neutral
- Increase line pressure
- Improve shift quality and firmness
- Gasket and seal overhaul kit
- Bearings and bushing
- Industry best 5 year / 500,000 mile warranty!
- ATS Built 47-RE Auto Trans
- ATS 5 Star Viskus Clutch Drive Torque Converter
- ATS Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- ATS Billet Input Shaft
- ATS Co-Pilot Torque Converter Lock-Up Controller
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Questions
hello, i have a few questions about this transmission. first question would be does this specific transmission include a torque converter? than the warranty on this transmission? what does it cover; and what voids the warranty on the transmission. than is the warranty still valid if i am the person to be installing the transmission or would i have to have a shop install the transmission in order to obtain the full advantage of the warranty. than is this the correct transmission for my truck. Make: dodge Modle:ram cummins 2500 year: 1999 Vin number:1B7KF2364XJ526266?
This information should all be listed in the product listing, however all ATS transmissions will include the 5 star torque converter. Warranty is 5 year / 500,000 mile. This will cover any mechanical failure to the transmission related to faulty parts. The R&R labor is only covered if installed at a certified ATS installation shop.
how much horsepower can this handle ? can this hold up to 500hp?
This trans is rated at that HP level yes.