Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Over the years, it has been proven that the stock VGT has a high failure rate. And quite honestly, you depend on your truck to get you from point A to point B, so wouldn't it make sense to eliminate a failure point, plus add some power while you're at it?! That's where the Iron Horn comes in. This kit replaces your VGT turbo and bottlenecked exhaust manifold with a genuine Borg Warner S300 SX-E turbo and a durable ductile iron T4 exhaust manifold from BD. In order to aid in simplicity, the high performance manifold is EGR compatible and retains the stock downpipe and intake. This is the perfect kit for those looking to remove their VGT without breaking the bank.
A/R RATIO OPTIONS:
This turbo is available in either a 0.91 or 1.00 A/R ratio. You may be asking what in the world an A/R ratio is? In short, A/R, or Area/Radius, defines a ratio of the area in the turbine housing to that of the radius of the centerline. Overall, the smaller the A/R, the quicker the turbo will spool, but the less overall airflow it can produce. If you want a quick spooling turbo, go with a smaller A/R, but if you'd rather sacrifice a small amount of low end response for even lower EGT's and more mid to top end airflow, go with a larger A/R.
- Parts 12-Months / 12,000 Miles
- Not for sale on licensed California vehicles
- Air intake kits may need alteration other than KN kit and OEM intake system
- Tuner or programmer required to bypass VGT functions and codes
- MPN1045294 | 1045295
- BD Single 300 series SX-E Borg Warner turbos kits that replace your OEM VGT turbo, providing enough air for more power, response and reliability
- Utilizes stock air intake and downpipe, no need to change either for what you are currently running
- Turbo utilizes high flow T4 turbine housing
- The SX-E turbo was designed for performance with a 360 thrust bearing and enhanced compressor wheel and housing
- The high strength FMW Forged Milled Wheels are lighter and stronger and withstand higher wheel speeds
- Kit comes with BD's Performance Plus T4 6.7L exhaust manifold and gaskets
- No extra piping required, it drops in place for an easy, clean installation
- Comp Wheel: 64.5mm / 2.54in
- Turbine Wheel: 80mm / 3.15in
- Two A/R ratios available 0.91 or 1.00
- Flow: 82 Lb/min
- Approximate rated 600hp (depending on truck configuration)
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Questions
Does this kit require replacement of the factory oil supply and return lines? I'm assuming the coolant lines are deleted and plugged off, but I didn't see anything mentioning the oil lines. Thanks in advance...?
It uses the factory oil drain you have to modify the mounting holes a little and reshape the tube. And the kit comes with an oil feed adapter to adapt the stock feed line to the turbo.
I have a 2012 ram 6.7 and was looking at replacing the actuator but found this instead. Does the BD iron horn series S364SXE/80 turbo kit allow you to use the stock exhaust brake? Looking to delete the actuator, but didnt know if the stock exhaust brake would work with this drop in set up.?
The stock exhaust brake is utilized by the VGT actuator. The BD Iron Horse is a non VGT turbo. Therefore you will lose your exhaust brake. -MC
2014 ram 2500 with a manual, light to medium towing with occasional heavy loads, lots of highway miles, I do commute with this truck and being able to "shoot the gap" can be important. M y question is would you recommend the .91 or the 1:1 AR??
The .91 is going to more responsive out on the highway and in most situations where you want quicker response. That is the a/r I would recommend for you. -Sands