Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Over the years, it has been proven that the stock VGT has a high failure rate. And quite honestly, you depend on your truck to get you from point A to point B, so wouldn't it make sense to eliminate a failure point, plus add some power while you're at it?! That's where the Iron Horn comes in. This kit replaces your VGT turbo and bottlenecked exhaust manifold with a genuine Borg Warner S300 SX-E turbo and a durable ductile iron T4 exhaust manifold from BD. In order to aid in simplicity, the high performance manifold is EGR compatible and retains the stock downpipe and intake. This is the perfect kit for those looking to remove their VGT without breaking the bank.
A/R RATIO OPTIONS:
This turbo is available in either a 0.91 or 1.00 A/R ratio. You may be asking what in the world an A/R ratio is? In short, A/R, or Area/Radius, defines a ratio of the area in the turbine housing to that of the radius of the centerline. Overall, the smaller the A/R, the quicker the turbo will spool, but the less overall airflow it can produce. If you want a quick spooling turbo, go with a smaller A/R, but if you'd rather sacrifice a small amount of low end response for even lower EGT's and more mid to top end airflow, go with a larger A/R.
- Parts 12-Months / 12,000 Miles
- Not for sale on licensed California vehicles
- Air intake kits may need alteration other than KN kit and OEM intake system
- Tuner or programmer required to bypass VGT functions and codes
- MPN1045296 | 1045297
- BD Single 300 series SX-E Borg Warner turbos kits that replace your OEM VGT turbo, providing enough air for more power, response and reliability
- Utilizes stock air intake and downpipe, no need to change either for what you are currently running
- Turbo utilizes high flow T4 turbine housing
- The SX-E turbo was designed for performance with a 360 thrust bearing and enhanced compressor wheel and housing
- The high strength FMW Forged Milled Wheels are lighter and stronger and withstand higher wheel speeds
- Kit comes with BD's Performance Plus T4 6.7L exhaust manifold and gaskets
- No extra piping required, it drops in place for an easy, clean installation
- Comp Wheel: 66mm / 2.6in
- Turbine Wheel: 80mm / 3.15in
- Two A/R ratios available 0.91 or 1.00
- Flow: 87 Lb/min
- Approximate rated 650hp (depending on truck configuration)
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Questions
Is this a drop in turbo replacement? I have H/S tuning will that work with this setup? Not sure what size to purchase.?
This comes as a full system to replace the stock unit yes, this matches up to your stock intake and exhaust system. Off-road delete tuning is required. As far as sizing, we would recommend to shoot us a call or email to get you into the correct size.
Looking for a manifold and gaskets and bolts and turbo for my 16 Ram 4500 don’t want to run a programmer what’s my best route to go truck has 200k miles on it pulls heavy everyday?
Hi Albert There are no aftermarket manifolds for the C/C trucks. You can use an upgraded manifold for a P/U, however, it will have an extra EGR port on it, which you will need to block off. Furthermore, if you do not want to tune the truck, your best option is a stock replacement turbo. Links below. BD Manifold (BD-1045965): https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p-13865-bd-2-piece-67l-exhaust-manifold-stock-turbo-flange-075-18-67l-ram-cummins.aspx BD Stock Turbo (BD-1045779): https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p-19713-bd-stock-replacement-he351ve-vgt-turbo-13-18-67l-dodge-cummins.aspx XDP Manifold Hardware (XDP-XD230): https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p-18285-xdp-exhaust-manifold-installation-bolt-kit-89-18-59l-67l-dodge-ram-cummins.aspx -Ben
Are the hp ratings like 600hp and 650hp. Are they wheel ho estimated or crank estimates??
Not sure about your first question there... All estimates are at the wheels and with proper supporting modifications. (Injectors, tuner, exhaust, lift pump, etc) -Ben