Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $199
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
From street and towing to full race, BD Builds Them Best!
Your transmission was only designed to handle the torque and horsepower the stock engine delivers, and in the case of some Dodge models, even the stock torque can present a challenge. So when you start adding power modules, turbo upgrades and other bolt-ons, it's only a matter of time before the transmission wears out and eventually fails.
BD transmissions are built specifically to handle the high torque loads of diesel engines at our state-of-the-art transmission facility. We reprogram the valve body for higher line pressure, and add heavy-duty clutches with up to 25% more material than stock. The stock thrust washers, which disintegrate and leave metal filings in your transmission, are replaced with roller Torrington bearings.
Inside each transmission is a NEW DESIGN valve body that achieves up to 80% higher clutch apply pressures over the stock unit and up to 50% over the competitors with the increase starting at much lower engine rpm's and at lighter throttle pedal position movement. Light throttle shift firmness is also maintained at these higher apply pressures.
Our transmission packages also include a BD rigid aluminum heavy duty transmission pans which adds extra oil capacity and reduces case flex, enhanced stall converter, plus, includes a BD auxiliary full flow filter kit for extra protection.
Each transmission is dyno-tested to make sure it functions properly in all gears before it is shipped to you in one of our containers.
Other options to consider when replacing your transmission are to mate the BD transmission with one of our Torque Converters and Flex Plates for added performance and strength. Call for detailswe'll be happy to answer your transmission questions.
WARRANTY - 36-month / 150,000 mile limited warranty on non competitive, racing or sled-pulling applications. See warranty statement for further details.
SHIPPING POLICY - PLEASE READ - Due to the size and weight of transmissions, they cannot be shipped through traditional couriers, such as UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc. and MUST be shipped via truck freight. We do not offer free shipping on transmissions, however, we do offer a very competitive flat rate charge that is added to your shopping cart at checkout. Further, to aid in returning your core transmission, we give you the option to be billed up front for the core return and we will coordinate the pickup and return of your transmission. Once your core transmission is ready for pick up, you just need to give us a call or send us an e-mail with your original order number and the core tag on the transmission, and we'll take care of the rest. Otherwise, we give you the option to coordinate the return shipping on your own and independently pay your courier of choice. As always, if you have any questions, give us a call or send us an e-mail.
|48RE Clutch Count|
- MPN1064194SS | 1064192SS
- Upgraded Valvebody
- Upgraded governor solenoid
- Upgraded governor pressure transducer (47RE/48RE) - Twice the burst pressure than stock
- Increased line pressure to 190-200psi
- No shuttle shifting problems
- Modified manual valve for lube in all positions
- Stock thrust bushings replaced with roller Torrington bearings
- Clutch Count: DIRECT 6
- Clutch Count: FORWARD 5
- Clutch Count: OD 6
- Clutch Count: OD DIRECT 10
- High temp/energy Raybestos band
- Billet band lever
- Billet band strut
- Drilled intermediate shaft for increased lubrication
- BD rigid aluminum heavy duty transmission pan
- Pan adds 2qt extra oil capacity
- Pan heat-dissipating fins keep temperature down
- Magnetic drain plug
- Increase the durability of your drivetrain
- BD auxiliary full flow filter kit for extra protection
- Cooler line case saver in every transmission
- Every transmission is tested on a dyno
- Not warranted for Race or Sled Pull use
- Enhanced Stall - Street/Towing applications
- Torque multiplying cast aluminum stators
- Lower rpm response than the stock converter
- More efficient operation
- Less heat and better fuel economy
- Stamp-forged steel front cover
- Furnace-brazed fins
- Up to triple the amount of lock-up clutch material
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
What is "Freight Shipping Cost"?