Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
From street and towing to full race, BD Builds Them Best!
To some it is a challenge to simply disassemble and assemble a Ford transmission. For BD, the challenge was to improve the durability and performance of these transmissions in demanding, high-torque diesel applications.
The smooth shifting associated with the stock Ford transmission is the result of slippage that produces heat and accelerates wear. BD transmission and converter clutches are made from specialized, high-performance materials, and 33% more clutch surface is added to eliminate slippage.
A re-programmed valve body with improved valve designs, higher line pressure and enhanced oil flow creates positive clutch apply, which results in quick, sharp shifts. A BD deep-sump aluminum pan is also fitted, which increases oil capacity for cooler operation. The planetary gear packs are made from high-strength steel, and heavy-duty, one-way roller Sprague clutches maintain directional stability, unlike the stock or inferior aftermarket products, which can explode.
Finally, each transmission's shift pattern and oil pressure is tested on our transmission dynamometer, then shipped to you in a virtually indestructible molded plastic container.
SHIPPING POLICY - PLEASE READ - Due to the size and weight of transmissions, they cannot be shipped through traditional couriers, such as UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc. and MUST be shipped via truck freight. We do not offer free shipping on transmissions, however, we do offer a very competitive flat rate charge that is added to your shopping cart at checkout. Further, to aid in returning your core transmission, we give you the option to be billed up front for the core return and we will coordinate the pickup and return of your transmission. Once your core transmission is ready for pick up, you just need to give us a call or send us an e-mail with your original order number and the core tag on the transmission, and we'll take care of the rest. Otherwise, we give you the option to coordinate the return shipping on your own and independently pay your courier of choice. As always, if you have any questions, give us a call or send us an e-mail.IMPORTANT NOTES:
- If your truck has PTO provisions, please make note of this in the comments section.
- If your truck has 4.88 rear end gear ratio or lower, please make note of this in the comments section.
WARRANTY - 36 Months / 150,000 Miles. Use of a 3rd party or OE converter will invalidate the transmission warranty.
- MPN1064444SM | 1064442SM
- BD rigid aluminum heavy duty transmission pan
- Adds 6qt extra oil capacity
- Reduces case flex
- Reduces internal oil leakage
- Heat-dissipating fins keep temperature down
- Magnetic drain plug
- Fully rollerized geartrain
- Tighter clutch packs that provide a quicker shift
- 30%-40% more clutch material with additional steels
- Machined center support
- Machined intermediate piston
- Machined low/reverse pressure plate
- Machined rear ring gear hub
- Improved internal lubrication by adding high power boost valves
- Reworked front pump
- Added lube circuits to OD planet
- Added lube and support to output and intermediate shafts
- Improved bearing designs
- Upgrade supports
- Upgraded sprags
- Replaced all aluminum planetaries with steel
- Sure-loc snap rings
- Drilled and tapped direct and intermediate feeds to prevent leaks at case
- Re-programmed accumulator body
- Full shift kit with line mod valve to increase pressures
- Enhanced oil flow
- Increased cooler pressure
- Increased pressure to converter
- Creates positive clutch application
- Created lube circuit for towing in overdrive
- Solenoids hard wiring providing high temperature resistance
- 1990-2003 include auxiliary frame mounted full flow filter kit
- Enhanced stall-Street/Towing applications
- Torque multiplying cast aluminum stators
- Lower rpm response than the stock converter
- More efficient operation
- Less heat and better fuel economy
- Stamp forged steel front cover
- Furnace brazed fins
- Up to triple the amount of lock up clutch material
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
What is "Freight Shipping Cost"?