Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
In 2014, Dodge/Ram came out with a new suspension/steering configuration and a chance for them to improve on the dreaded steering design that had plauged them the last 20 years. Many things were drastically improved but there are still plenty of areas of that need improvement. Luckily, Apex Chassis has been on the ball and has a HD steering setup to replace the factory linkage with direct replacement extreme duty Tie Rod. Oversized tie rod ends, connected by a massive DOM tube, eliminates death wobble and tightens up steering under the most extreme conditions. Weak adjusting sleeves are replaced via tie rod ends threading directly into the connecting rods, secured by jam nuts and our proprietary ninja lock-washers. This kit also includes our TR203 OE location damper bracket.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DOES NOT work with BDS track bar. DOES work with Carli and Thuren track bars
- SAE 1045 Solid Steel Forged Housing: This is unequivocally the best carbon alloy steel for this application.
- CNC Machined Housing: Make their parts and bearings dimensionally perfect, eliminating any die wear issues.
- SAE 4140 hot forged Chromoly Ball Studs: For the strongest possible metallurgy.
- Induction Heat Treated Ball Studs: Provides a very precise heat treatment to the exact depth and location we want it.
- Rolled Threads: Are made by pressing the shape of the threads into the ball stud instead of cutting. This strengthens the threads instead of weakening them and allows for easy movement of hardware. This ain't no Ikea furniture!
- Step Threads: allows for very easy movement of hardware on install and superior holding when torqued (installer choice).
- Rugged Metal to Metal Bearing
- CR Rubber Boots: The most durable material for undercar applications. Resistant to deterioration from road level ozone, oil/gas/engine fluids and extreme heat or cold
- Accordion Boot: Ideal for high-articulation components, more flexibility means longer life.
- E-Coat Finish: Extremely durable. Double coated. Threads coated as well. Rugged look.
- Grade 8 - Class 10.9 Hardware: Superior tensile strength.
- Tension Nut: Very strong hold for most applications.
- E-Coat Finish: Durable e-coat treatment
- Tie Rod - 2.125" DOM SAE 1020 Tube: Heavy walled steel tubing provides the tightest most robust steering on the market
- Pre threaded Zerk Housing: If you have ever installed a MOOG Ball Joint without a pre-threaded zerk fitting you will understand what a simple but great feature this is. Another installer fav.
- Greaseable: Because it should be.
- Gull Winged Grease Grooves: Allows for improved lubrication disbursement around the ball stud.
- Flopper Stoppers Built In: Unlike the poly hockey pucks that most brands use, Apex's heavy duty "Flopper Stoppers" are built into the tie rod end and drag link end bearings, giving you an industry leading 27 degrees of stud swing left and right and only 2 degrees of stud swing forward and aft, keeping your tie rod and drag link from rotating and flopping. The competitor hockey puck style systems also call for the removal of the tie rod end boot, which is there to keep the dirt out and the grease in.
- Ninja Washers (tm): An APEX exclusive is the Ninja Washer which is a unique method of securing the lock nut to the tube, erasing the need for lightly built adjusting tubes with ugly pinch clamps. And who doesn't want a ninja on their front end.
- ManufacturerApex Chassis
- Case Hardened Construction
- Easy Maintenance
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Kit Includes (2) tie rod ends, (1) tie rod, (2) tension nuts, (1) damper bracket and (2) ninja washers
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE
Added To Cart
Apex Chassis KIT186 Extreme Duty Tie Rod Kit Dodge Ram 14-22 2500 / 13-22 3500