Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
Getting to the top of a hill or driving up those mountain roads just isn't an issue, especially when you've outfitted your PowerStroke's with a number of aftermarket performance gaining upgrades. But coming down, that could be a tricky thing especially if you're towing a big load! Have the hindsight for the Banks Brake!
This amazing exhaust brake slows your truck without the use of your wheel brakes, all while protecting your engine and transmission from unwanted damage. The Banks Brake is available for PowerStroke's with either stock exhaust or Banks Monster Exhaust.
If you have an automatic transmission your Banks Brake will require the SmartLock, an advanced computer module that keeps your transmission in check. The SmartLock looks your torque converter and simultaneously raises transmission-line pressure to smoothly reduce vehicle speed all while prolonging the life of your transmission by eliminating excessive clutch slippage and cooling your transmission fluid.
Banks takes time to make sure all of their products offer the best to you and your vehicle. This exhaust brake, known simply as the Banks Brake, is no exception. Designed to produce stronger braking than any other exhaust brake, the Banks Brake has a large-bore housing that is streamlined to increase airflow and diffuse exhaust which in turn adds to engine power while not in use. This achievement means the Banks Brake not only brings you to a stop when you need it most, but also that you'll still be able to enjoy all the power you've built into your 7.3L PowerStroke's.
APPLICATION NOTES: It is important to know the difference between model years of the 7.3L PowerStroke's which fall into three categories: 1999; early 1999 1/2; late 1999 1/2. To check your specific model year find the build date tag inside the driver-side door and match below.
- 1999 model year--built prior to 1/99; with catalytic converter
- Early 1999-1/2 model year--built prior to 1/99; no catalytic converter (intake manifold has 2" diameter inlets)
- Late 1999-1/2 model year--built on or after 1/99; no catalytic converter (intake manifold has 3" diameter inlets)
- ManufacturerBanks Power
- MPN55202 | 55203 | 55204 | 55205 | 55206 | 55207
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Cast, large-bore brake housing
- High-force, 4" vacuum actuator
- Computer Brake Controller
- Large butterfly valve with super-alloy shaft-and-bearing system
- Stainless, 3.5" Monster turbine-outlet pipe (3" for stock exhaust) with Ceramic-matrix heat shield
- In-dash switch
- Wire loom
- All Mounting Hardware
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE