Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
If you are after a truck that can do anything, from handle the rigors of daily driving to just flat getting dirty on the weekends, the first step is having a proper suspension. The Pintop 2.5 from Carli Suspension is just that. What really separates the Pintop kit from Carli's Commuter and Backcountry kits are the shocks, and what a difference the 2.5's from King make. Featuring Custom King 2.5" Remote Reservoir Shocks with Carli Signature Tuning, we guarantee you that you've never owned a suspension system like this. And once installed, you'll realize you've never owned a truck like this before either.SWAY BAR OPTIONS:
- Sway Bar Drop Blocks: Anodized billet aluminum blocks to reposition the factory sway bar
- Torsion Sway Bar: Complete replacement sway bar that allows axle to move freely | Best option for use with Pintop 2.5 System
- Add-A-Pack: Replaces rear, lower overload spring for increased ride quality
- Full Spring Pack: Capable of 15" of wheel travel | Will reduce payload capacity by 15%
The Pintop is the Backcountry on steroids, take the description for the Backcountry and throw an exponent on it. This system is the Jack-of-all-trades system from which every Ram owner would benefit. Raising the Ram platform then adding the 2.5" diameter shocks will support the argument that these trucks should come equipped with 2.5" shocks from the factory. This system is Carli's most popular, all around suspension system. It was tuned and rides best with Full Progressive Leaf Springs and 18" wheels with 37" tires. Both of the aforementioned are recommended.
The Details: This system boasts Carli specific, blueprinted, King 2.5" shocks on all four corners. In an effort to provide you with the best product, Carli designed a custom piston to determine proper base flow rates to ensure the shock works well in the heavy duty truck platform; the shocks were then tuned around the custom pistons based on the only thing that truly matters, seat-of-the-pants feel. ALL of Carli's King shock offerings are rounded off with shafts machined and polished from a solid piece of 17-4 Stainless. Unlike King's standard shafts, there is no coating to wear off, weather is far less likely to hurt them and if there is a small chip, you can round the edges with emery cloth to ensure the seal housing isn't damaged as they're not brittle like the stock, hardened shafts. The shocks are finished with King oil good to -55* F. Note that all King shocks are built with a plated steel body. If subjected to inclement weather for extended periods, we recommend wrapping your shocks in 3M to provide a moisture barrier that's replaceable.
Your truck will sit 3" higher in the front with 50% more suspension travel than the factory platform thanks to the taller, lighter rate coil springs. The rear is lifted 2"-3" via the your choice of a Progressive Add-A-Pack or Full Progressive Leaf Pack. The Progressive Add-A-Pack maintains load capacity and replaces the factory overload with a 5-Leaf, progressive pack that changes the final rate of the spring pack keeping the rear planted while increasing traction and predictability. The optional Full Progressive Leaf Pack replaces the entire factory leaf spring assembly increasing travel and drastically increasing comfort (when compared to when compared to the factory springs or add-a-pack) throughout the entire usable travel stroke at the cost of a 15% payload reduction from a standard 2500.
When pairing added down-travel with the taller ride height, the position of the factory, front sway bar will need to be altered as well. For this, you have two options; Billet Sway Bar Drop Brackets or the replacement Torsion Sway Bar. The Billet Drop Blocks shift the sway bar down and forward to ensure the factory end links cycle properly throughout the entire extended travel range. Carli's optional Torsion sway bar removes the entire factory sway bar assembly replacing it with a torsion bar supported by fabricated drop brackets and delrin bushings. Fabricated sway bar arms and dual 5/8" FK heim end links round off the package. This is the single best bang for the buck, ride-quality upgrade offered by Carli Suspension.
When lifting the front end of a straight axle truck, the front axle is pulled off-center unless the proper linkages are addressed. Three inches of front lift equates to an axle shifted toward the driver's side 3/4" and, in the radius arm equipped Rams, lightened caster and slight rearward axle shift. This system includes an Adjustable Track Bar to push the axle back toward the passenger side and provide a stronger link with less deflection for the lifted application. Also included are Radius Arm Drop Brackets to recenter your caster adjustment and shift the axle forward to its new center of travel. Everything is included to support flawless operation of all components.
Wheel and Tire: This system will fit up to a 37" tire when utilizing wheels that are no more than 9" wide with 5.75-6" of backspacing. A 12.5" wide should fit with no rubbing on the factory radius arm and only minor trimming required, while a 13.5" will require more trimming and slightly more offset to fit properly. 35" tires will fit with VERY minimal, if any trimming. We Recommend running an 18" diameter wheel for optimal ride quality (more rubber = better small bump compliance) on a 35"-37" E-rated tire running 45psi front, 40psi rear when unloaded. IMPORTANT NOTES:
- WHEELS Carli Recommends an 18" Wheel, no more than 9" wide with 5.25-5.75"of Backspacing
- TIRES: 35", E-Rated Tire Fitment is Recommended. Recommended unloaded Tire Pressure 45F/40R
- RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION: Carli Leveling Systems are Designed and Tested on Vehicles with 18" Wheels with 35", E-Rated Tires. Stock wheels and tires or running a larger wheel diameter will result in a stiffer ride.
- FITTING 37" TIRES: 37" Tires will fit with the above wheel specifications. Radius arms are not required but will offer more clearance for those wanting to run smaller offsets.
Testing: What would a Carli kit be if it weren't getting absolutely filthy out in the dirt or getting the shocks up to temperature? In true form, Carli made absolutely sure the truck could also perform offroad by making numerous trips to the deserts of Barstow, El Cajon and Phoenix to really confirm how the new packages worked. The conclusion? These trucks can boogie just like the previous years!
- ManufacturerCarli Suspension
- Front Linear Rate Coil Springs
- Carli Tuned King 2.5" Remote Reservoir Front Shocks
- Carli Tuned King 2.5" Piggyback Rear Shocks
- Stainless Steel Shock Shafts
- Reservoir Mounts
- Front Adjustable Track Bar
- Front Bump Drops
- Radius Arm Drops
- Your Choice of Front Sway Bar Drops or Torsion Sway Bar
- Your Choice of Progressive Add-A-Pack or Full Progressive Spring Pack
- Improved Handling
- Improved Control
- Very Comfortable On-Road Ride
- Superior Off-Road Performance
- Tighter street feel Driving Characteristics, Increased Suspension Response
- This system is NOT compatible with trucks equipped with the factory auto-leveling air assist
- Shock Diameter 2.5"
- Front Lift Height 3.25"
- Rear Lift Height 2-3"
- Tire Size 37"
- Front Travel 9.3"
- Rear Travel 13"
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE