Fast and Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
No Salesmen, Just Enthusiasts 888.993.4373
It's really difficult to classify this system as a "leveling kit," but technically, that's what it is. But if you're looking for the best leveling kit on the market that will deliver a drastic increase in ride quality on your 2500 Ram, then you've found it. At the heart of this system is a 2.5" lift, linear rate coil spring paired to matched travel King 2.5" remote reservoir shocks that have been custom tuned in house, for superior ride quality and handling both on-road and off. The rear piggyback reservoir shocks are also included with this system and have been custom tuned to maximize the ride quality of the factory rear coil springs. As the rear springs remain unmodified, load capacity is maintained while on and off road handling and predictability are massively improved. For those people that love the way their Ram tows from factory but don't want to be limited to a crawl wheel leaving the pavement, this is the perfect kit.
The Details: This system boasts Carli specific, blueprinted, King 2.5" shocks on all four corners. In an effort to provide customers with the best product, we designed a custom piston to determine proper base flow rates to ensure the shock works well in the heavy duty truck platform; we then tuned the shocks around the custom pistons based on the only thing that matters to us, seat-of-the-pants feel. We round off ALL our King shocks with shafts machined and polished from a solid piece of 17-4 Stainless. Unlike King's standard shafts, there is no coating to wear off, weather is far less likely to hurt them and if there is a small chip, you can round the edges with emery cloth to ensure the seal housing isn't damaged as they're not brittle like the stock, hardened shafts. The shocks are finished with King oil good to -55° F. Note that all King shocks are built with a plated steel body. If subjected to inclement weather for extended periods, we recommend wrapping your shocks in 3M to provide a moisture barrier that's replaceable.
When lifting the front end of a straight axle truck, the front axle is pulled off-center unless the proper linkages are addressed. Three inches of front lift equates to an axle shifted toward the driver's side 3/4" and, in the radius arm equipped Rams, lightened caster and slight rearward axle shift. This system includes an Adjustable Track Bar to push the axle back toward the passenger side and provide a stronger link with less deflection for the lifted application.
This system will not be upgradeable to any other Carli Suspension systems. It is designed to be a solution for customers wanting a quality, big shock system boasting huge off-road capability, minimal lift and no reduction in payload or hauling capacity. Carli recommends slight eccentric bolt compensation to correct caster after the lift as there are no radius arm drops included. For this reason, customers may experience a slight bow in the coil spring. This system will result in tight and responsive, sports-car like handling.
Wheel and Tire: This system will fit up to a 35" tire when utilizing wheels that are no more than 9" wide with 5.75-6" of backspacing. A 12.5" wide should fit with no rubbing on the factory radius arm and only minor trimming required, while a 13.5" will require more trimming and slightly more offset to fit properly. Carli recommends running an 18" diameter wheel for optimal ride quality (more rubber = better small bump compliance) on a 35" E-rated tire running 45psi front, 40psi rear when unloaded.
Payload: After a great deal of test runs with various weights loaded in the bed of Carli test truck, it was quickly determined that the factory payload was nearly untouched, given all of the updates Carli had made to the rear of the truck.
Testing: What would a Carli kit be if it weren't getting absolutely filthy out in the dirt or getting the shocks up to temperature? In true form, Carli made absolutely sure the truck could also perform offroad by making numerous trips to the deserts of Barstow, El Cajon and Phoenix to really confirm how the new packages worked. The conclusion? These trucks can boogie just like the previous years!
- ManufacturerCarli Suspension
- Front Linear Rate Coil Springs
- Front Adjustable Track Bar With Stabilizer Bracket
- Carli Tuned King 2.5" Remote Reservoir Front and Rear Shocks
- Stainless Steel Shock Shafts
- Reservoir Mounts
- Brake Line Tabs
- Easily The Best "Bang For Your Buck" Upgrade For Ride Quality
- Improved Control
- Very Comfortable On Road Ride
- Superb Off Road Performance
- Level Stance
- Geometrically Correct
- WHEELS: Carli Recommends an 18" Wheel, no more than 9" wide with 5.25-5.75" of Backspacing.
- TIRES: 35", E-Rated Tire Fitment is Recommended. Recommended unloaded Tire Pressure 45F/40R
- RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION: Carli Leveling Systems are Designed and Tested on Vehicles with 18" Wheels with 35", E-Rated Tires. Stock wheels and tires or running a larger wheel diameter will result in a stiffer ride.
- ENDLINKS: Factory front endlinks are retained where as the rear endlinks are provided with the kit for cleaner travel.
- TORSION SWAY BAR Selection of the Carli Torsion Sway Bar will aid in overall vehicle control and ride comfort.
- FACTORY REAR AIR RIDE: This system is not intended for installation on factory rear air ride equipped Rams.
- POWER WAGON APPLICATIONS: This kit will requre the removal of electronic sway bar..
NO VIDEOS AVAILABLE